six

SAM PULLED INTO DUSTIN'S DRIVEWAY, WONDERING WHY ON EARTH HE URGENTLY NEEDED HER ROUND AT 8PM ON A SATURDAY

SAM PULLED INTO DUSTIN'S DRIVEWAY, WONDERING WHY ON EARTH HE URGENTLY NEEDED HER ROUND AT 8PM ON A SATURDAY. To say it startled Sam at least a little when she received a very loud phone call from the curly headed boy was more than a surprise. At first, Sam thought she was late to babysit for him before she remembered that his mom was home this weekend.

"And what did he say to you on the phone?" Steve frowned as they jumped out of her car.

"That he can't say it over the phone but I urgently need to get over to his" Sam nodded as the reached his house.

"Finally!" Dustin yelled as he ran to them via the garden, "why is Steve here?" He rolled his eyes at the inseparable duo.

"He was at my house" Sam dismissed his question quickly, "why did you need me here so soon?"

"Come here! I put it in the basement" he stated as he grabbed Sam's hand, running to the garden.

Sam frowned when she saw his basement doors shut with a pole through the handles, evidently trying to lock something in. Sam being the curious creature she is, went to grab the pole and take a look, but Steve and Dustin stopped her.

"You're going to need a weapon of some sort" Dustin nodded.

"Yeah, and you're not going to get hurt, I'll check it out" Steve nodded as he went to the car to grab his needle covered bat.

"You still have that thing?" Dustin scoffed.

"After last year?" Steve shrugged, "Yeah"

Sam pushed aside Steve's protectiveness of her, and shoved the two boys out of the way as she pulled the pole from the handles, letting the doors swing open.

"Sam! You trying to get us killed?!" Dustin screeched as he hid behind Steve.

Sam rolled her eyes and looked at Steve, he frowned at her and she shrugged.

"You wanted to check it out first" she shrugged.

"Me? Oh- oh yeah of course" he nodded sheepishly, raising his bat.

Steve started a slow walk down the stairs while Dustin held his flashlight so they could all see where they were going.

"Dustin" Sam scoffed when she saw nothing, "you dragged us out here for nothing"

"No, look" Steve states as he points his bat at a mass on the floor.

Dustin shines his flashlight as we all walk over to the weird substance. Steve uses his bat to pick it up, it was green and slimy and gross.

"What the hell is going on Dustin?" Sam scowls as she looks for the small boy, frowning when he's not beside her, "Dustin?"

"Holy shit, I'm gonna be in so much trouble" he groans from the other side of the basement.

Steve and Sam walk over to him, gasping in shock at the huge hole in the wall.

"What the hell did you catch?" Steve frowned.

"A demogorgon" Dustin groaned.

"A what?"

"A demogorgon. It's what happened last year" Sam quickly dismissed him, "where do you think it went?"

"I don't know, but we're gonna have to find out" Dustin sighed as they walked back upstairs.

"Okay" Sam sighed as she shut the basement doors, "we're all still on channel 10, right?" She confirmed with the smaller boy.

"Yeah, but I'll ring you. The guys are being douchebags about Dart and there's this new girl causing issues"

"Who's Dart?-"

"-and who's the new girl?"

"Dart is the demogorgon I caught and the new girl is called Max, she's pretty cool but Lucas is telling her way too much" Dustin sighed.

Sam smiled to herself st the mention of her cousin, she messed up Dustin's hair, "Max don't be an issue. She keeps her promises"

"How do you know?" Dustin scoffed as they all made their way back to her car.

"She's my cousin" Sam smirked.

"What?!" Dustin practically squealed, going a whole octave higher, "How is She your cousin, you look nothing alike!"

"They're not sisters, jackass. Cousins don't look the same" Steve scoffed.

"But-But, she's so pretty and you're-"

"Hey! Watch your mouth" Steve scowled.

"I'm not saying you're ugly, you're just completely different to her! It makes no sense. Just wait till Lucas hears about this" Dustin laughed.

"Okay, butthead. I'll see you later" Sam laughed as they both got In her car.