twenty two

SAM AND STEVE ENTWINED THEIR FINGERS AS DUSTIN STARTED BLENDING THE GROUP WITH THE PUBLIC LEAVING THE CINEMA

"Well that worked" Erica smirked as the group blended.

"Of course it worked" Dustin smirked smugly, "now we just need to get into the bus with the rest of these dweebs and it's home sweet home"

"Uh, Dustin" Steve cleared his throat, "you might not wanna go back to your house. I might've ratted your entire name out to the Russians when I was drugged up"

Dustin glared at Steve, "why? You should've resisted. Resisted and toughed it out like a man" he scowled.

"Oh yeah" Steve tutted, "easy for you to say"

"Guys" Robin cut the group from bickering as they look ahead, the Russians were checking everybody's ID's as they left the mall.

"Abort" Sam whispered.

The group turned around just as the Russians caught their eye, they vaulted down the escalators and the Russians started their pursuit on the group of kids.

They all ran behind the counter at the food court, Sam could feel herself hyperventilating as she gripped Steve's hand so tight it was turning their hands white. Robin grabbed her hand from the other side and she squinted her eyes shut.

Sam flinched when she heard a car alarm start to go off and a loud crash from behind them. They slowly crept up and saw all of the Russians dead on the floor. She looked to her left and saw Eleven, Nancy, Mike and the gang stood watching.

Dustin giggled as the groups collided, "you flung that thing like a hot wheel!"

Max ran over to her cousin and engulfed her in a hug. Sam could feel the weight lift off her shoulders knowing that she was ok.

"Lucas?" Erica frowned.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas scolded his younger sister.

She leant on one hip, "ask them it's their fault"

"True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault" Steve nodded.

"I don't understand what happened to that car" Robin shook her head.

"El has superpowers" Dustin nodded casually.

"Im sorry?"

"Superpowers. She threw it with her mind. C'mon catch up" Steve nodded.

"That's El?" Erica widened her eyes.

"Who's El?" Robin frowned.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Nancy frowned.

"Im Robin. I work with Steve"

"She cracked the top secret code" Sam nodded.

"Yeah, which is how we found out about the Russians" Steve added.

"Russians? Wait, what Russians?" Jonathan frowned.

"The Russians!" Steve shouted, pointing to the men laying on the floor.

"Those were Russians?" Max guffawed.

"Some of them" Erica shrugged.

"What are you talking about?" Lucas groaned at his younger sister.

The group started bickering between themselves about the Russians and Sam took it upon herself to step away from the arguing. She noticed El walked back slightly and was covering her ears, she looked disoriented as if she could hear something the others couldn't.

"El? You okay?" She frowned at the young girl.

"El!" Mike yelled as he watched he fall to the ground unconscious.

The group quickly surrounded her and laid her on her back.

"What's wrong with her?"

"El, what's wrong?"

"My leg. My leg" El cried weakly.

"Her leg, her leg. Okay" Jonathan nodded as he pulled her trouser up.

The group groaned in disgust at the sight of a creature wriggling underneath her skin. Dustin covered his mouth and Steve let out a dramatic gag.

The group watched as she screamed in pain and passed out again.

"What is that?" Erica gasped.

"There's something moving around!" Will panicked.

El woke up and cried for it to come out.

"Jesus Christ" Dustin sighed.

"Keep her talking. Keep her awake, ok?" Jonathan ordered as he shot up. Sam moved over to El's head and grabbed her hand, her and Mike talking to her as she rested in between Mikes leg.

He came back seconds later with a knife and a wooden spoon.

"Ok, El. This is gonna hurt like hell, ok?" He nodded to her.

"Ok" she wept as she gripped Sam's hand harder.

"You need to stay really still, El. It'll be ok" Sam reassured.

"Bite down on this" he added as he handed her the spoon.

Jonathan looked at the group almost for some reassurance that he was doing the right thing. He looked at Nancy and then Sam, both nodded at him.

"Do it" Mike nodded.

Jonathan Sliced straight down her shin at the creature inside and El screamed as she arched her back in pain. Nancy covered her mouth and looked away while Sam diverted her eyes to Steve who was already watching her. He reached inside her leg grabbing at the creature and El sobbed as she tried to pull away.

"Jonathan!" Nancy scolded.

"Stop talking" he ushered.

"No! Stop it!" El wept.

"Stop! Stop!" Max cried.

"I can do it" she wept, "I can do it"

El spat the spoon out and sat up, Sam retreated back to her boyfriends side he held her tightly. El started panting as she pointed a hand out to her leg, they all watched in anticipation as she pulled the creature out. El screamed and the glass behind them shattered into pieces all over the group. Sam yelped and covered her head, Steve using himself as a shield over Sam. The creature got pulled out and El threw it across the mall. They all watched as Hopper, Joyce and Murray stood infront of them, watching the scene unfold.