twenty four

MAX AND SAM CLAMBERED INTO THE TRUNK OF MRS WHEELERS CAR THAT NANCY HAD HIJACKED

"You leave my sight at any point tonight and I'll kill you myself, got it?" Sam lectured her little cousin.

"Yeah, got it" she rolled her eyes, "...is Steve gonna be ok?"

Sam sighed as she looked out the window, "damn hope so"

"What's wrong?" Jonathan questioned Nancy.

"I-I don't know" she sighed as the engine started sputtering, "you've got to be kidding me?!"

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" Jonathan frowned.

"Yes! I'm sure it's fine"

"Did you leave the lights on?"

"No"

"Do we have gas?"

"Yes!" Nancy snapped at Jonathan.

"Come on! Come on!" Nancy yelled at the car, repeatedly twisting the key in ignition.

"Whoa, whoa! Just calm down, pop the hood" Sam intervened.

She climbed out of the car and her and Jonathan walked over to the hood to inspect the engine.

"What the hell?" Jonathan frowned.

"What? What is it" nancy frowned from inside the car.

"The ignition cables gone" Sam frowned.

Sam was cut off when she saw headlights flick on from further up the parking lot, followed by repeated engine revving. She quickly recognised it as Billy's car and ran to the doors, opening them both at the same time.

"Back in the mall!" She yelled at the younger kids as she ushered them inside.

"Who is it?!" Max frowned.

"Your brother" Sam sighed, "go!" She screeched as he quickly started speeding towards them.

•••

Mike repeatedly called for Scoops Troops on his radio, hearing nothing but static back.

"Scoops Troop! Do you copy? We are trapped in the mall and in need of emergency transportation" he sighed, "Repeat: Billy has disabled our car and we are trapped in the mall. Scoops Troops!"

Jonathan passed Sam one of the guns off of the dead Russian and Max sighed. "You're gonna kill him aren't you?"

Sam placed a hand on her cousins shoulder reassuringly, "this is just for precaution, ok? Believe me I don't want to hurt Billy"

"This isn't just protection from Billy. If he knows we're here, so does the Mind Flayer" Nancy nodded.

The group tackled over a display car In the mall in attempts to open the hood and get the ignition cable out.