Chapter 5

Chojuro was the first to wake up, forcing his eyes open and looking around the room a bit before sitting up. He pulled his thumb out of his mouth and looked at it, he must have been sucking on it all night during his sleep.

Thankful Garra either didn't care or was already asleep, he'd probably die if anyone found out about it. He dried his thumb off on his shirt and wiped the drool from the side of his mouth and sighed.

Garra shifted on the other side of the bed but didn't wake up. Chojuro smiled to himself, swiping back some loose strands of Garra's messy hair with his opposite hand. Though it didn't do much to fix Garra's hair, just touching Garra made him feel happy.

Chojuro's eyes went over to the clock on the table, it read 6:00 am. Garra shifted a bit and sat up in bed.

“Hey baby...” Garra muttered quietly, rubbing his eyes with closed fists. Chojuro wrapped his arms around Garra and kissed him on the lips. Garra buried his face into Chojuro's chest and purred.

“Well... I suppose I should go now...” Chojuro muttered, getting up from the bed. Garra whined and held Chojuro's hand.

“No... Stay for a bit...” Garra begged, “Stay for breakfast and then we can hang out for the rest of the day in our secret forest...”

“But will your siblings be ok with it...?” Chojuro muttered, giving Garra a weary look. Garra sighed and looked away.

“Well... Kankuro won't like it but it'll be a good chance for you to build trust with him!” Garra said, squeezing Chojuro a bit.

“Kankuro will get used to you being around and eventually start hanging out with you, and soon, he'll accept you!” Garra said with a smile. Chojuro gave him a skeptical look but shrugged.

“I mean... That is a good idea...” Chojuro said, Garra chirped and kissed Chojuro's chin. Garra hopped off the bed and grabbed Chojuro's hand, pulling him over to the door.

“Come on, let's go into the living room...” Garra smiled, pulling Chojuro behind him.

“Are you sure...?” Chojuro whimpered.

“Yes, it'll be ok. Temari is probably awake already but she seems to like you.” Garra smiled softly, Chojuro sighed and nodded.

“Ok...” Chojuro sighed again, following Garra out the room.

───────ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ────────
Garra sauntered into the room with fixed hair, twirling a hair brush in his hands. Chojuro stared fearfully out the window as Garra sat down beside him and brushed his hair.

“Garraaaaa... I'm scared... I don't want to get into a fight...” Chojuro whimpered, Garra giggled and took the brush away from Chojuro's hair and rubbed Chojuro's back.

“It's gonna be fine, there will be no fighting.” Garra muttered, pressing his cheek against Chojuro and giving a gentle purr to calm him down.

“I sure hope not...” Temari said as he walked into the living room, Chojuro jumped and hugged Garra.

“Stop being such a nervous wreck... You're always jumping...” Garra huffed, Chojuro whimpered and looked away. “It's just my siblings...”

“Sorry...” Chojuro muttered, rubbing his arm slightly. Garra hugged Chojuro tightly and kissed him on the cheek.

“Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.” Temari giggled, Chojuro sighed and leaved back against the couch.

“It's fine...” Chojuro huffed, Temari smiled and sat beside them Chojuro on the couch.

“Maybe, when Kankuro finally gets up, we should go out for breakfast!” Garra suggested, Temari nodded while Chojuro silently panicked.

“That would be a good idea!” Temari said, “it's probably a good chance for Chojuro and Kankuro to bond!”

“So you're planing on trying to get me to like him, huh...?” Kankuro muttered, strutting into the living room. Chojuro shivered slightly and looked down at his feet.

“Look, I just want you to see that Chojuro is a good person!” Garra said, raising his voice a bit. Kankuro rolled his eyes.

“It's not that I think he's a bad person, I just don't like the fact that he's Mizukage!” Kankuro yelled.

“I don't know what exactly will happen if anyone finds out but there's a 64% chance that it will definitely cause some kind of problems!” Kankuro muttered. He was right about that, they didn't know what would happen but that's what made Garra so stubborn.

“But what if everyone accepts us?!” Garra retorted, unfortunately, Garra wasn't gonna give up his argument.

“We still shouldn't take such a big risk like that!” Kankuro yelled, getting up in Garra's face. Chojuro whimpered and stood up.

“I think I should go...” Chojuro muttered, rubbing his arm a bit.

“Yes, it's best you leave...” Kankuro growled, Garra hissed defiantly and held Chojuro's hand, pulling him close.

“No he isn't...” Garra growled, scaring Chojuro a bit. He'd never seen Garra so upset, so passionate about anything before. Garra always seemed so calm but here he was, watching Garra have a whole screaming match with his older brother.

“No.. I should, I'm just causing problems...” Chojuro whimpered, Garra didn't budge and just kept Chojuro close to him.

“Well I said you should stay!” Garra yelled, making Chojuro flinch.

“Garra, let him leave...” Kankuro muttered, Garra growled quietly and shifted closer to Chojuro.

“If he has to leave, then I'm gonna leave...” Garra said quietly. Kankuro blinked a bit and frowned.

“Garra, just think about what you're saying!” Kankuro huffed, Garra shook his head and stared at Kankuro, his scent sour with anger.

“I think we are leaving...” Garra huffed, pulling Chojuro by the hand behind him as he headed for the door.

“Garra... Should you really leave....?” Chojuro whimpered, hoping Garra would second guess himself. But Garra didn't even pay attention to him attention to what he said.