Chapter 10

Garra sat there quietly, slowly rocking back and forth in his rocking chair, just enjoying the silence. Every one in a while the baby would move a bit.

“Sayo...? Or Eimi...?” Garra asked himself, rubbing his thumb gently against his stomach.

Garra smelled the familiar scent of sea grass begin to fill the room, a calming presence behind him. A pair of gentle hands cupped his face, tilting it upwards.

“Hey baby...” Chojuro muttered, planting a soft kiss on Garra's forehead.

“Hey...” Garra reached up and rested his hands against Chojuro's larger hands.

“How are you two doing...?”

“We're fine...” Garra purred, enjoying the feeling of Chojuro referring to him and the baby as "two".

Garra grabbed Chojuro's hand and pressed it against his stomach. Chojuro felt a small kick against his hand, Chojuro's face lit up immediately after he felt it.

“Hey sweetie....” Chojuro said gleefully.

Garra smiled softly to himself, watching as Chojuro sweetly to the baby as she kicked.

“Saimi...” Garra said quietly, rubbing his stomach.

“Saimi...?” Chojuro echoed questioningly.

“Yeah, "Sa" from the name "Sayo" and "imi" from the name "Eimi"...”

“Saimi, the child of the sand and the ocean.” Chojuro said with a smile.

“A perfect name...” Chojuro muttered, planting a soft kiss on Garra's stomach.

“I got you some ice cream...” Chojuro said sweetly, resting a gallon of Neapolitan ice cream in Garra's hands.

“Aww... You know me so well...” Garra said with a purr.

───────ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ────────

“Are you sure you're ready...” Garra asked and took a spoon full of ice cream.

“What do you mean?” Chojuro asked, gently stroking his hand against Garra's stomach.  “Are you having second thoughts...?”

“...A little bit...” Garra took another bite of ice cream, he felt his anxiety rising. “I thought I could do this, but I can't...”

“We don't have to if you don't want to, we don't have to tell the public.” Chojuro pressed a soft kiss against Garra's cheek.

“But I feel like we should...” Garra pressed his nose into Chojuro's broad chest. “Wouldn't it be nice to not having something like weighing on your chest...”

“Yeah... It would...” Chojuro ran his hand along Garra's back. “It would definitely reduce your stress...”

“You should move in...” Garra muttered. “You and Kagura can move in and wel be closer together...”

“Garra, I can't do that...” Chojuro said solemnly. “I have a responsibility to protect the village, and my nation...”

“Right...” Garra's heart ached at Chojuro's response. Garra pulled away from Chojuro and closed his eyes.

There were so many things that they couldn't do just because they were the Kage of their respective nations. Garra wiped the tears from his eyes and sighed.

“Are you ok..?” Chojuro muttered, gently resting his hand on Garra's shoulder.

“It's just pregnancy hormones...” Garra muttered, pulling away and leaving the room.

───────ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ────────

“Garra...?” Chojuro walked up to Garra were he sat on the boarder of Suna and Konoha.

“What is it...” Garra muttered.

“Im sorry, I didn't mean to upset you...” Chojuro muttered, hugging Garra tightly.

“Stop it... I'm fine...” Garra pushed Chojuro away.

Chojuro sighed, Chojuro stood up and got ready to leave.

“Can we make this work...?” Garra muttered, rubbing his stomach. “How are we going to make this work...?”

“We'll find a way... Like our little flower...”

The pink flower that grew where in the space where Suna and Konoha merged together. A little seed growing against the odds, growing in the space of two nations at the same time.

“Just like that little flower, just like Saimi, we can make this work....” Chojuro wrapped his arms around Garra's waist.

“You're right...” Garra's muttered, leaning back against his lover. “We can make this work...”