Chapter 6

Chojuro leaned back against the tree, biting his thumb nail while Garra snuggling up with him on the ground. All Chojuro could think about was the argument and how different Garra was acting, he'd never seen Garra do that before, not even in battle.

“So... What was that? What happened to you back there...?” Chojuro asked, Garra shifted a bit and looked up at him.

“What do you mean...” Garra muttered, feigning ignorance.

“You were acting like a moody teen that was upset because your parents didn't like your boyfriend...” Chojuro muttered, Garra sighed softly and hugged Chojuro tighter.

Garra looked away. “I don't know... Maybe it's just pregnancy hormones....”

“And I wasn't moody... I was just super emotional...” Garra said with a whine, burying his face in Chojuro's chest.

“You should go back home once you've calmed down...” Chojuro said. Garra pouted.

“I don't want to... Not yet...” Garra said, gritting his teeth. “Let's just get a hotel for the night... Or maybe 3 nights...”

“But what about our responsibilities..?” Chojuro asked, his face full of concern. “We are the Kage of our nations you know.”

“Our nations will be fine, it'll be nice to have a break...” Garra muttered. “Besides, you know stress is bad for the baby...”

Garra purred against Chojuro's chest. Chojuro stared up at the sky as the sun began to set over the horizon, thinking over what Garra said. He liked the idea of taking time off but 3 days seemed too much.

“Fine... But only for 2 nights. We don't wanna be labeled as missing” Chojuro joked, Garra giggled nervously and nodded.

“Ok...” Garra sighed, standing up and helping Chojuro stand up.

Grrruummmmbglllleeee...

“Mmmh...” Garra whimpered, rubbing his stomach. They'd be out here since the early morning, they were both pretty hungry.

Chojuro smiled softly. “Come on... Let's get you guys some food...”

Chojuro rubbed Garra's stomach while Garra smiled with pride. Chojuro wrapped his arm around Garra's waist, walking out of the woods.

───────ೋღ 🌺 ღೋ────────
“The receptionist looked so damn suspicious of us...” Chojuro complained.

Chojuro just kept fluffing up the pillow on his side of the bed, trying to release some stress. Garra just laughed, rubbing Chojuro's arm.

“Well, it's not every day you see the Mizukage and the Kazekage getting a hotel together...” Garra muttered, sticking a piece of cheese onto a slice of apple and shoving it into his mouth.

“Yeah...” Chojuro huffed, curling up on his side.

Chojuro sighed. “...You're right...”

Chojuro laid down one the bed, resting his head down on Garra's lap. Garra gently stroked Chojuro's soft blue hair, playing with the soft ends. Chojuro hid a small smile and kissed Garra's stomach, resting his cheek on Garra's stomach.

“Hmm...?” Garra hummed, pressing his hand against his stomach. Chojuro lifted his head and looked up

“What is it...?” Chojuro asked, his expression silently questioning Garra.

“Nothing.” Garra said. “I just felt a bit of fluttering in my stomach...”

Chojuro blinked. “Fluttering...?”

“Yeah.” Garra said. “Like butterflies.”

“That's the baby...” Chojuro said, smile widely. “I read about it in a book...”

Garra smiled. “You're already doing research on the baby.”

“Of course!” Chojuro said. “We need to be prepared and know what to do if anything were to happen!”

Garra nodded. “Yes, it's important to be prepared.”

Garra put a piece of cheese and a slice of apple, putting them together and feeding it to Chojuro. Chojuro accepted the offering and ate it.

“You know... Kankuro is right...” Garra said. “Bad things might happen if people see us together...”

“But, what if nothing happens?” Chojuro asked, taking an apple slice from Garra's plate.

“That would be wonderful...” Garra smiled to himself, staring longingly out the window.

“Would you ever want to go public...?” Chojuro questioned.

“Maybe...” Garra said. “When the time is right...”

Chojuro nodded, thinking about Garra's answer. Chojuro didn't understand why their relationship was so taboo, if people didn't like it, then oh well.

“But why should we care about their opinion?” Chojuro asked. “If they don't like it, that's fine but, what's the worst that could realistically happen?”

Gaara folded his arms and sat back, really thinking about negative outcomes that could possibly happen from going public.

“Worst case scenario, we both have crazy fan girls that try to hatch a plan to kill us...” Garra said.

Chojuro rolled his eyes. “...I said realistic...”

“That's pretty realistic to me...” Garra said with a harrumphing chuckle.

“The point is, there doesn't seem to be any real negatives to people finding out...” Chojuro said, a glimmer of hope shining in his eyes.

Garra smiled slightly. “Yeah... You're right...”

“But I think we should still keep it on the down low, start small...” Garra said.

“So... No kissing in public...?” Chojuro pouted, puffing his cheeks out.

“Not yet... Only holding hands for now...” Garra said, kissing Chojuro's nose.

Garra slid the plate on his lap aside and eased his way underneath the blanket. Chojuro followed suit, slipping in with Garra.

“But for now, let's go to sleep...” Garra muttered.

Chojuro nodded. “Ok...”

Garra held Chojuro tightly, enjoying Chojuro's warmth. Chojuro smiled softly, nuzzling his face into Garra's hair.

“Sleep well...” Chojuro said.

Garra smiled. “You too...”