|twelve|

not edited

|twelve|

-

"Hi." Zayn whispered, balancing Louis in his arms as Karen opened the door. "Hello. Would you mind putting Louis to bed? Liam fell asleep early, I'm afraid." Karen mumbled and Zayn nodded, stepping inside the house as he gently took off Louis' coat.

Louis stirred in his sleep, before he pressed his cheek against his daddy's shoulder, sucking on his thumb as Zayn shifted to get his own coat off too. He thanked Karen when she offered to hang them up, before he climbed up the stairs, trying not to divert his attention to Liam's room.

Opening the guest room, he spotted a make-shift crib in the corner and Zayn vaguely remembered Karen saying that Louis used to sleep with Liam. But the little boy had insisted on sleeping with his Daddy so Karen had shifted the crib into his room.

"Daddy?" Louis whined as Zayn laid him down on the bed. "Go back to sleep, baby, Daddy's just gonna get you changed, yeah?"

Louis grumbled and shut his eyes again, and Zayn kissed his forehead before picking up the baby bag next to the crib. He pulled out a fresh diaper and Louis' favorite power rangers pjs, before he walked back to the bed and gently took off his son's shirt, sighing when he found a juice stain on the front of it. He then took off his little shoes and pants, unstrapping his dirty diaper before throwing it in the dustbin. He fished out some baby wipes and powder, wiping his son's small bum before dabbing powder across his inner thighs as he strapped his new diaper on. Zayn sighed as he pulled the pjs over Louis' head, the little boy shifting around, and it was then that he realized how much he had actually missed being a father.

After wrapping everything up, Zayn washed his hands and stripped down to just his boxers. He then picked up Louis, wanting to sleep with his little boy, so he ditched the crib and pulled back the covers, setting Louis on his chest as he pulled them over them again, shutting off the lamp.

-

"Zayn." Karen whispered, nudging her son-in-law, "Zayn, wake up."

The raven haired lad moved in his sleep, peeling his eyes open as he stared at Karen questioningly. He checked the clock to see it was merely 7:30 in the morning and Louis was still cuddled up to his chest, his bum jutting out as he curled into it farther.

"Liam's ready to talk." Karen whispered.

Zayn's eyes shot open and he gently pried his son off of him, laying him down on a pillow, and tucking him in. He jumped out of bed and pulled his sweats on, his arms poking through one of his shirts.

"Really?" Zayn's voice came out like a hoarse whisper due to his raw morning voice, "Is he- Is he really ready?"

Karen nodded solemnly and Zayn couldn't help the smile crawling onto his face. "He's in his room, just knock twice." Karen mumbled, placing pillows around Louis just in case he fell.

Zayn calmed his jumping nerves as he stepped into the hallway and padded across it to reach Liam's door. He breathed sharply, raising his shaky fist to knock on the door twice, trying desperately to force his negative thoughts and such to the back of his mind.

The door opened slowly and Zayn closed his eyes, calming his heart rate as he stepped inside, only to open them to reveal Liam.

His heart pummeled to his stomach, tears welling up in his eyes. Liam's eyes were red-rimmed and puffy, and he was impossibly skinnier than before, his hair falling onto his eyes in a matted mess. But to Zayn he still looked beautiful, and he wondered how he could ever forget that this man was his home.

"Liam." Zayn rasped, tears falling from his eyes freely as he clutched Liam's hand, releasing a shuttering breath as Liam jerked it away, "Liam, baby, oh my God. I missed you so much. I- I'm so sorry, I love you..."

Zayn watched as Liam clenched his eyes shut at the last three words, watched him bite his bottom lip harshly, watched him step back a bit, but he didn't say 'I love you too.' and that hurt Zayn beyond extent.

"Baby, I-" Liam held up his hand to silence Zayn, sitting down on the edge of his bed slightly.

"Zayn, stop." he whispered, and Zayn's nerved went jittery when he finally got to hear his lover's voice after so long.

The raven haired lad clamped his mouth shut, sitting down next to him, but kept his distance because he knew Liam felt uncomfortable.

"But Karen said you wanted to talk." Zayn mumbled, looking at Liam intently. Though the latter merely kept his gaze fixated on the floor, twiddling with his thumbs as a sign to show that he was nervous.

"Liam, baby, tell me what's wrong." Zayn pleaded, smiling when Liam finally looked up to catch his gaze, though his heart pummeled to the pit of his stomach and his smile vanished when Liam finally did speak up.

"I want a divorce, Zayn."

-

I DISPOSED ALL OF THE GUNS, YOU CAN'T KILL ME NOW

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

~Harry