|fourteen|

not edited

|fourteen|

--

"Zayn? What-- OW BLOODY HELL." Niall yelled as he opened the door to reveal a pissed off Zayn and his equally angry fist.

The faux blonde stumbled back holding his eye, and Zayn snarled, pushing him against the wall.

"You fucking son of a fucking bitch," Zayn sneered, "What shit have you been fucking telling my husband?"

"I only spoke the words you told me every night, asshole," Niall smirked, shoving Zayn's death grip off of him, "Don't you remember, Zaynie? All those nights when you'd pound into me and then tell me what an annoying and clingy bitch your husband was? And how you hated Louis because he couldn't speak properly and wouldn't learn quickly, so you classified him as a retard. Don't fucking bring up your pointer finger, Malik, because I'm a bad guy, yes, but I'm not a villain unlike you."

Zayn clenched his eyes shut as blurry memories crashed onto him suddenly. He whimpered as he remembered all the words that he had called his husband and son in a state of a drunken mind. But he knew they weren't true, because to him, his little family- albeit being neglected and abused of a sort- was perfect.

"Don't you remember the first insult you threw at Liam?" Niall snarled, "Or should I remind you that it was when you first cheated on him. On his birthday nonetheless. Remember that, Malik?"

--

"Dada!" Louis squealed as Zayn picked him up from the ground, "Dada up!"

Zayn smiled softly before blowing on Louis' stomach causing the one year old to giggle loudly.

"It's Daddy, love. Say it with me, babe. Da-- dee." Zayn tried, sitting on the couch and bouncing the one year old on his knee.

"Da--" Louis tried and Zayn smiled widely encouraging him on, "Da--da!"

Zayn's smile fell off his face and he sighed in disappointment. Louis was one now, almost two, yet he couldn't even say Daddy, whilst kids his age could.

"Why don't you get Papa, the guests are about to arrive." Zayn sighed, putting Louis onto the ground. The one year old frowned at the lack of affection but wobbled towards their room anyway.

Zayn thumbed through his phone a bit before hearing thuds from the background. He shut it off and turned to look at his husband, dressed up in a flannel and jeans, holding Louis on his shoulders.

Zayn bit his bottom lip as he noticed the slight swell in his husband's belly, but didn't say anything. "There's the birthday boy," Zayn grinned, getting up to peck Liam's lips, "Looking sexy as ever."

Zayn smiled as Liam giggled and blushed. He moved to give him another kiss when the doorbell rang and Liam squealed and pulled away. Zayn pouted but sighed happily as Liam gave him a peck and handed Louis over to him, rushing off to answer the door.

"Zayn," Harry nodded, giving him a hug, "How are you, mate?" Zayn shrugged, "Good, you?"

"Amazing, I got myself a boyfriend," Harry winked, "Ni, get your sexy ass here!"

Zayn smiled softly at the faux blonde that entered the room and gave Harry a kiss. "Hello there, I'm Niall." he greeted, and Zayn noticed the way Niall stroked his knuckles with his thumb while shaking it but didn't say anything.

"Where's my birthday cake!" Liam exclaimed, entering the room, his eyes bright. Zayn chuckled fondly before fetching the cake from the kitchen, letting Louis carry the plastic plates.

"Yay! I love you, Zaynie!" Liam giggled, kissing Zayn before cutting the cake and blowing the candles. "I love you too, baby." Zayn sighed, kissing Liam's neck softly.

***

"You really should let your husband cut down on the cake."

Zayn turned his head to see Niall standing in the kitchen doorway, a bottle of beer in his hands, his hair tousled as he bit his lip.

"I guess, yeah. He's getting a bit fat." Zayn shrugged and went back to cleaning the cutlery, trying to ignore the attraction and focusing his attention on his husband's laughter from the living room.

"I can tell that you're a bit off," Niall muttered as he got closer to Zayn, sliding a finger along his jaw, "Is it because your husband looked, dare I say, chubby, perhaps?"

Zayn clenched his jaw and shifted his eyes away from the tempting lips. He wasn't going to cheat on his husband, he loved him too much.

"Not much of a talker, eh?" Niall whispered, "That's okay, I like actions better than words, anyway." And before he knew it, Niall's lips were on top of Zayn's, and the latter felt sick when he didn't feel guilty as he kissed him back.

--

"I bet you do remember, Zayn." Niall hissed, "And let's not forget the fact that you weren't drunk then, either. A bit tipsy from the beer, perhaps, but not drunk."

Zayn gulped and willed the tears to stop. He couldn't believe he had done such horrid deeds, on his husband's birthday, nonetheless.

"I don't care," Zayn choked out, "All I want to know is that why would you lie to Liam about the baby being mine? I'm trying to get the love of my life back and you drive him into asking for a divorce. You're a selfish ass, Niall, I fucking hate you."

"It's not like I love you," Niall rolled his eyes, resting his palm on his four month baby bump, "I actually really liked Harry, you know?"

Zayn sighed and gulped, he knew he should just snap at Niall and say he made the first move, but then Niall would undoubtedly fire back, and Zayn didn't need any painful memories right now.

"I don't give a fuck to anything except Liam and Louis, my fucking beautiful family," Zayn grunted, "And I just want to know why you lied to Liam, Niall. Why do you hate me so much? Yes, I realize we were in this sin together, but I haven't bugged you ever since."

"Shut up with the mushy crap, Malik, it's not like I hate you," Niall snapped before his tone lowered and softened down, "I- I just had to lie, okay? I can't let anyone know that Harry got me pregnant after a drunken night."

-

So that should keep your mind at ease :)

Vote, comment, follow, share and all that good stuff c:

~Harry