|twenty six|

Landon's birthday was supposed to be a joyous occasion, one where his parents would be fawning over him and his big brother would be excitedly asking if they could name him a silly name. Instead, Landon was born on the day where his big brother was neglected and almost kidnapped, Liam was a frantic and emotional mess, and Zayn was announced to have slipped into coma.

It hit everyone hard. The fact that there seemed to be open wounds from before, possibly from the times Zayn hurt himself, and the punches from the kidnapper had busted them open didn't help with his severe bleeding. The amount of stress and emotional trauma invested in his brain wasn't well for his mental health either. And really, nobody should have been shocked when the doctor came into Liam's hospital room with a solemn expression.

Liam cried. He wept for hours, protesting feebly when Landon was taken away to be cleaned up. Instead he sobbed as he hugged Louis tight to his chest. He apologized for forgetting him, but the little boy was too busy crying over his Daddy to pay any heed to Liam's pleas. Soon after, Liam indulged in the same sorrow.

Landon was brought back in by Karen who was then ushered out due to the fact that Liam was rightfully angered by his mother. She had forgotten his son after enforcing Liam not to pick him up, then had forgotten and had the audacity to call Zayn a coward for not defending himself in front of the kidnapper.

His life was fucked up, that much was clear in Liam's mind.

He wanted to visit Zayn's room, pleading to see his husband. He was denied, though, and after a few minutes of feeble protests, the emotional stress and grief and the physical pain from having just given birth lured him to sleep.

When he awoke, the first thing that crossed his mind was Zayn. Where was his Zayn?

Then; Louis. Is his sunshine okay?

Finally; Landon. Where is his baby?

Liam was forcefully fed by the nurses, before he was allowed to cuddle with his sons. The little family of three cried. Two over their father and husband and one because, well, he was born a day ago and was immediately engulfed in a trauma filled atmosphere.

When Liam was discharged a day later, he immediately scooped up a timid Louis and a sleeping Landon in his arms, stalking towards Zayn's room. He wouldn't dare leave his boys with Karen.

Pushing the door open with his shoulder, he set Louis down, bouncing Landon in his arms as he stood in front of Zayn's bed.

His husband was hooked onto wires, his skinny frame weak and fragile, presented raw with bruises in Liam's vision. The brunette let a whimper escape past his lips, watching sadly as Louis poked Zayn's nose with a hopeful smile, as if his father would wake up any second.

When he didn't, Louis merely shrugged. He was so used to this shit by now, it didn't even seem like he was affected as he waddled out of the room to grab his coloring book.

His family was crumbling to pieces. Liam had never been so sure about a fact.

He didn't even tell Zayn he loved him, and now, he was engulfed by coma. How cliché, how wonderful.

The doctor came in with a sigh, informing Liam that he had to leave. The brown haired man nodded sadly, letting a sleepy Landon capture Zayn's finger for a few moments.

He pried the little hand away, leaning forward to press a kiss to Zayn's bloody forehead. And maybe, Liam may or may not have known that Zayn could hear him when he whispered an; "I love you." before leaving.

--

Oops

~Harry