|twenty nine|

4 months. Still consumed by an everlasting coma, this was becoming a pathetic cycle, honestly.

"Landon sat upright today." Liam informed Zayn's limp body, dragging a hand through his husband's greasy hair, "It was so weird. I left him laying on the couch to get his bottle, I came back and he was sitting."

Liam chuckled fondly as the memories washed over him. "I know you would have wanted to see that." the brunette sighed, kissing Zayn's temple, "Always so eager when it came to children. When you were drunk, though, that was a different story."

-

"Dada!" Louis giggled, waddling over to Zayn, holding a piece of paper, "'Ook!"

Zayn's red eyes landed on his son and he sneered, snatching the paper away from his grasp. The little boy gasped silently but still kept up his hopeful demeanor as Zayn observed his drawing.

"Louis, how old are you?" Zayn asked, his voice void of any emotion as he observed the drawing of him and Louis as stick figures. What irked him, though, was the way Louis had spelled his name; 'Loi'.

"One, dada!" Louis stated, proudly as he lifted up one finger.

"Right." Zayn rolled his eyes, "And you still don't know how to spell your name. You're such a baby."

And to Louis' horror, Zayn tore apart the paper full of crayon doodles and threw it at Louis' tiny feet. "Go bother your useless Papa." Zayn drawled, training his eyes on the TV, ignoring how Louis silently sobbed as he trudged towards the kitchen.

-

"You loved Louis so much, Zayn." Liam gulped, "And he loved you. You two were inseparable, what happened?"

-

"Dada!" Louis giggled as Zayn scooped him up in his arms.

"How's my little baby boy?" Zayn cooed, swinging his son around as he pressed kisses all over his face.

"Dada!" Louis squealed, puffing up his lips as he gave Zayn a wet kiss, "Papa!"

Zayn grinned, turning around to see Liam smiling fondly.

"Hello, handsome." Zayn smiled, pressing a kiss to Liam's lips, chuckling when Liam blushed and averted his attention to their 7 months old son.

-

"It's not like you're a bad person, Zee." Liam objected, "Alcohol makes you one. And I'm trying to grasp the concept of how you didn't mean what you said when you were under the influence of it, but I can't ignore the prospect of how drunk words are sober thoughts."

"This letter," he continued, grasping the piece of paper in his hand, "It tells me about how you were trying to grasp the same concept. Have you succeeded, Zee? I need some help."

-

Dear Liam Malik-Payne,

Everyone keeps telling me to stop. Paul, Harry, hell, even your mother. The same mother I call mum because I don't have a family to go to anymore.

They keeps saying it's hopeless. And, I'm trying to not let that get to me but there's this huge wall preventing that.

Drunk words are sober thoughts, yeah?

Not to me. Honestly. I don't even care if you don't believe me, because Liam, you are perfect. I haven't thought that you're ugly anytime. Sure, maybe I used to think you were a bit chubby, but those were only fond thoughts. I love you just the way you are.

This hurts my head. I don't know what I'm going to do. I love you.

Love,
Cheater

-

"Sir?" the doctor's voice rang in Liam's ears when the door opened, "Visiting hours are over, I'm afraid."

"Yeah.." Liam trailed off, staring at Zayn's face, "Yeah, okay."

He got up and pressed a kiss to Zayn's lips this time, squeezing his hand before walking over towards the door. The doctor gave him a sympathetic smile and Liam returned the gestured with a timid one, and he was just about to leave, honestly, but the sound of Zayn's heart monitor springing to life with its loud beeps prevented him from doing so.

-

:))

~Harry