𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

"FAMILY dinner?" scoffed Harry the next day while getting ready for Malfoy manor. "More like a business dinner."

"You have to look as formal as you can for these things, Harry." Sirius explained, his usual grin gone and everything else. He looked more serious today. And stressed.

Harry looked at the mirror, hating the suit he was wearing. "Can I please stay?" He tried one last time, even though he already knew the answer.

"No."

Harry sighed, following Sirius, who was walked to the living room, where Regulus and Cassius were waiting.

He immediately swallowed the complains he had when he saw Cassius, who had his hands in his pockets, the suit he was wearing looking perfect on him.

Harry's eyes stayed on the boy, who didn't seem to notice and was talking to his father.

Sirius elbowed him in the side, getting an 'ouch' from the boy. "Grab a handful of floo powder and shout Malfoy manor."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

"I'm so glad you came, Sirius." Narcissa smiled genuinely. Everyone was eating. 'Everyone' was Lucius, Narcissa— who was sitting in front of Sirius and next to her husband. Draco, who was sitting in front of Regulus and next to his mother. Cassius, who was sitting next to his father, and finally, Harry, who was sitting next to Cassius.

"How much longer?" whispered Harry to Cassius, whose lips quirked for a second.

Draco glared at Harry as if he heard him. Cassius, meanwhile, gave Draco a look. The blond boy, who understood, looked away from Harry with an eye roll.

"A few hours." Cassius replied.

When dinner was done and everyone was in the living room, having drinks, Cassius walked to the backyard and pulled out a cigarette from his pocket, catching the lighter that was thrown in his way from Draco.

"I knew I'd find you out here," said Draco, taking a cigarette from his cousin.

"And you did." Cassius said, lighting his cigarette up and taking a drag, giving the lighter back to Draco.

Draco nodded. "Why did Regulus accept to stay in Grimmauld place? I thought he'd been rejecting the offer from Sirius for years."

"Even I don't know the answer, Draco." Cassius looked at the huge backyard, finding comfort in the many flowers. He took off his blazer and put it on a bench, then sat down, exhaling smoke. "Honestly, I've stopped arguing about being there at this point. It seems too important to father."

Draco shrugged and sat next to him. "Maybe it is."

"It definitely is," nodded Cassius, taking another drag from the cigarette as he stared at the trees. "Potter isn't as bad as we thought, actually."

The boy next to him looked at him with widened eyes. "Have you hit your head or something?"

Cassius rolled his eyes, finally looking at him and watching as his cousin exhaled smoke. "How are Blaise and Theo?"

"They're fine," replied Draco, then frowned, "you haven't talked to them?"

"Nope. They've been sending a few letters, but I haven't replied. Never had the time to."

Draco raised an eyebrow.

"Never had the energy to," Cassius corrected himself, making Draco chuckle.

"If you don't like Grimmauld, you could always stay here instead."

Cassius shook his head. "Father would never accept. He wants me to spend time with uncle Sirius and his godson."

Draco shrugged, throwing his cigarette to the ground and stepping on it. "Goodluck with that, Cassius."