𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

IN the room of requirement, Cassius looked around, drinking a shot of fire whiskey. "Be careful or else you'll have a hangover." Theo warned.

Cassius winced at the mention of having a hangover. "I'm not getting drunk tonight."

"Sure you won't." Blaise chuckled, crossing his arms.

Cassius' eyes stopped on Harry Potter— who was in the corner of the party, talking to Ginny Weasley.

He clenched his jaw and stood up, grabbing the nearest bottle. "Nevermind what I said." He said, ignoring his friends' looks as he took a sip from the bottle.

He sat back down, looking at his cousin now. "Is he with.. Parkinson?" He wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"They've had a thing going on for as long as I can remember," commented Theo with a shrug.

"Dude, no. They've just hooked up a bunch of times. Draco hates her, though." Blaise pointed out, then walked away. "I'm going to go get drunk."

"I should go keep an eye on him." Theo said with a sigh and a shake of his head, drinking a shot of fire whiskey, then running after the boy.

Cassius let out a fond chuckle, taking another sip from the bottle in his hand.

The music grew louder, so a lot of people were in the middle of the room— dancing.

Suddenly, everyone formed a circle around two people, cheering.

Wanting to know what was going on, Cassius stood up and walked over to the middle of the room, trying to get to the front.

What he saw when he was at the front made his heart drop.

It made his breathing stop.

It made his head spin.

Harry Potter was kissing Ginny Weasley.

Cassius clenched his jaw, not noticing Draco next to him— trying to make him leave.

"—Cassius. Snap out of it, man. Let's go."

Cassius shook his head, eyes never leaving the kiss happening.

As if feeling it, Harry pulled away from Ginny and laughed at the crowd around them. His laugh died down immediately when he noticed Cassius in the front.

Cassius didn't bother moving away when the bottle in his hand dropped to the floor— shattering everywhere. Nobody noticed, though. Everyone was busy going back to dancing and drinking.

Cassius' eyes never left Harry's, who stood up and walked away from Ginny, now walking towards him.

He took a shaky breath, feeling his eyes tear up, so he immediately left the room of requirements, not bothering to slow down for the person that was running after him.

Not even knowing where he was going, Cassius kept clenching and unclenching his jaw, trying to forget what he had just saw.

But it was hard to do that when the person was literally right behind him.

"Cassius, please!"

Cassius shook his head at Harry's voice and kept walking. Only when he was at the top of the tower did he realize he was on the Astronomy tower.

He walked to the edge and grabbed onto the railing, trying to stop the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Cassius," said Harry, out of breath. "Let me explain."

"Go away," replied the boy weakly, trying to take a few deep breaths. "Leave, Potter."

When he didn't hear him leaving, Cassius turned around, making eye contact with him. "I said—" he gritted his teeth "—leave."

Harry shook his head. "Cassius, I'm sorry—"

"Fuck off. Fucking leave!"

"I don't know why it's even affecting you." Harry swallowed. "Why is it affecting you?"

"It's not." Cassius scoffed, the wind blowing out his hair from his face. "You really think I give a shit about who you kiss? You really think I feel something for you?"

Harry started to look hurt, not liking where this was going. "What?"

Cassius shook his head. "You are living in a fantasy, Harry Potter. I have never felt anything for you and I never will."

Harry's eyes started to tear up. He bit his lip, trying to hide his hurt. "You really mean that?"

"This shouldn't hurt you." Cassius scoffed again. "You're the one who kissed Ginny Weasley. And now you're acting hurt?"

"Fine." Harry muttered, watching as Cassius pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it up. "I'm dumb for thinking something was ever going on between us. I'm dumb for running after you, I guess."

Cassius took a drag from his cigarette, feeling the smoke go through his lungs. He kept it in for a few seconds, then exhaled the smoke. "Good to know."

"If you don't feel anything for me.. you wouldn't care if i started dating her, right?"

Cassius looked at the boy, clenching his jaw. Slowly, he shook his head. "I wouldn't care at all."

Harry let out a breath, frowning in confusion when Cassius walked over to him. His heart started to beat faster when Cassius put a hand on his jaw. He was a little shorter than Cassius, so he had to look up to look into his eyes.

"But does she make you feel like this?" The boy in front of him whispered, anger disappearing and the real emotion showing: hurt.

Harry became quiet, feeling Cassius' thumb caress his cheek. Only then he noticed the tears in Cassius' eyes.

"Does she take care of you like I did?" Cassius glanced at Harry's healed hand, then looked back into his eyes. "Do you feel what you're feeling right now with her?"

Harry shook his head immediately, a tear falling. "You kept pushing me away, Cassius! I didn't know you and I ever had a chance—"

Cassius wiped the tear, then sighed. "I hope she was worth it, Potter." He said, pulling away and starting to walk away.

When he was down from the tower, Cassius continued to smoke the cigarette in his hand, staring into the distance as he made his way to the common room. He didn't let himself cry, though. He couldn't.

Not when it was so easy for Harry to kiss someone else.