𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

WHEN Cassius was back at Grimmauld place as summer had started, he spent all his time in his room. He was spending so much time away from them all that it made Regulus worried. That was why Regulus had knocked on his son's door, walking in when his son told him to enter.

Regulus immediately looked disappointed as he saw the lit cigarette in the boy's hand. He didn't say anything about it, though, letting out a sigh instead. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah."

Regulus sighed again, knowing he was lying. He sat down on his son's bed, looking at him. "Are you sure?"

"The death eaters came back." Cassius finally said the thing he had wanted to say since he found out. "And they're coming after Harry. You've all got to keep him safe."

Regulus nodded, looking like he already knew that. "I know, Cassius. They've asked me to join them again."

Cassius frowned immediately. "What did you tell them?"

"I rejected, of course. Which raised a lot of suspicions. We've got to keep you safe because of that, too."

"Keep Harry safe, not me. Focus all your energy into keeping him safe."

"If you're so worried about him, why haven't you uttered a single word to him since you both came back from Hogwarts?"

Cassius took a drag from his cigarette, shaking his head. "I just don't want to."

"Alright. Well, you've got to come downstairs. Dumbledore's coming."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

When Cassius went back downstairs with his father, he looked at anyone but Harry. He sat down next to the chair of his father's, and watched as Dumbledore walked in. Soon enough, the place was filled with Weasleys, too.

"The death eaters are back." Dumbledore said, looking at everyone. His eyes stopped on Cassius a little longer, but he looked away soon enough. "And they're all after Harry. They want to finish what Voldemort started."

Sirius looked as pale as a ghost, while his brother was trying to comfort him.

"And this—" Dumbledore pointed to the daily prophet on the middle of the table "—is just the start."

Cassius leaned forward, having a look. On the daily prophet it said; 'Mass breakout from Azkaban! 12 death eaters are on the loose!'

He leaned back, biting the inside of his cheek after he noticed that one of the death eaters were his cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange.

It seemed like the Weasleys noticed too. Ron, who was red-faced, pointed a finger at Cassius. "Why is he here?! Isn't he a death eater?"

"He would never," replied Harry immediately, glaring at his friend— who looked confused now.

"Cassius is not a death eater, Ron." Dumbledore said with a nod. "And nor is his father."

Ron let out a scoff, but didn't say anything else.

"Don't stand up for me." Cassius whispered to Harry with a clenched jaw.

Harry didn't look at him, whispering back, "Don't tell me what to do."

Everyone's attention was caught when Severus Snape walked in.

Harry's mouth dropped a little in shock. He looked at Dumbledore. "He's literally a death eater."

"A spy," corrected Dumbledore softly, motioning for Snape to sit.

Snape, however, had his eyes on Sirius— who was trying his best not to say anything.

"Severus will be helping us a lot. We need a spy, so he is one." Dumbledore said before anybody else said anything else. "Any questions?" He clapped his hands once, not giving time for anyone to ask anything as he immediately then said, "None. Great! Goodbye, everyone. Take care, Harry."