𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

WHEN the students were all back at school a week later, Cassius was taking a walk with his cousin late at night after curfew. Draco was a prefect, so that had its advantages.

"What do you mean by that?" Cassius gasped and stopped, not bothering to hide his shock, looking at his cousin.

Draco stared out into the Black lake, swallowing. "The death eaters, Cassius. They're coming back together."

"Voldemort's dead."

"That's not stopping them. They want to finish what they started." Draco let out a shaky breath. "And I.."

"No." Cassius shook his head, knowing where this was going. "Come to Grimmauld. Stay with us. Don't you dare, Draco."

"I have to join them." Draco finished, looking at his cousin now. "I can't leave my mother with them, Cassius. It's not as easy as you think."

"She can come, too."

"She would never. Do you even know what you're saying?" Draco let out a scoff. "Regulus would have to join again as well. He's a death eater, too!"

"Lower your voice," whispered Cassius in alarm, looking around them for any sign of a person.

Draco pursed his lips. "And why aren't you joining? Didn't you hate Potter?"

"Not anymore, Draco." His cousin gritted out.

"Why not, Cassius? You'd have to join, you know? Your father's probably going to as well."

"He won't."

"How would you know?"

Cassius sat down and pulled out a cigarette from his pocket, debating whether to smoke it or not. "I just do."

Draco watched as his cousin threw the cigarette into the lake instead of smoking it, then sat down next to him. "Whatever you say."

"What about Blaise and Theo?"

"Theo has to join, too. Blaise doesn't, since his family didn't have any contact with being a death eater."

"Does he even have a father?" Cassius asked in confusion.

Draco shook his head. "No."

Cassius let out a sigh, then straightened up, eyes widening. "You're all going after Harry, aren't you?"

"I'm not one of them yet. The death eaters are, though."

Cassius looked at his cousin. "I don't want him to die, Draco. He doesn't deserve that—"

"Who deserves death, Cassius? This has to happen, though. They will kill him."

"And if I warn him?" Cassius swallowed thickly, eyes not leaving the boy next to him.

Draco sighed. "You're going to die, too."

"But nobody knows I know."

Draco looked back at him. "But I do."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

On the way back to the common room, Cassius felt his head spinning. He was alone as Draco wanted to sit by the Black lake more, while he wanted to go to bed.

"But I do."

Would Draco betray Cassius if Cassius warned Harry? Would Draco tell the death eaters what Cassius did if he warned Harry? Would Draco let Cassius die?

Cassius held onto a pillar, sitting down with his legs propped up and his head between his knees.

He tried taking a few deep breaths, trying to calm himself down.

His head snapped up when he heard footsteps, rolling his eyes as soon as he saw the person.

"5 points from Slytherin for being out after curfew," said Hermione Granger with a stern look as she walked over to him. "What are you doing out of bed, Black?"

Cassius stood up and walked away, not answering her, ignoring her huff.