𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

THAT night, Cassius was in his room, not looking up when someone walked in— already knowing who it was. Only one person had the ability to walk in whenever he wanted to; Harry.

He finally looked up when he felt Harry sit next to him on the bed, smiling at his boyfriend. He leaned forward and kissed him softly on the lips, then pulled back.

"I don't ever want to lose you," said Harry, putting his head on the boy's shoulder.

Cassius put an arm around the boy, kissing his head. "You'll never lose me."

Harry pulled back and started to move, putting his hands on the boy's cheeks. "Cassius?" He asked, now sitting in front of him.

Cassius hummed questioningly, looking into the boy's eyes.

"I love you."

Cassius stilled, the boy's words repeating in his mind. Harry slowly took his hands away from the boy's cheek, frowning at his reaction.

Cassius immediately took the boy's hands, kissing him on the lips. Harry kissed back.

When they pulled away, Cassius pulled the boy into his arms, but didn't say anything.

Harry felt a pang in his chest, but tried to ignore it. He merely wrapped his arms around the boy, closing his eyes so that Cassius wouldn't see the hurt in them.

It wasn't that Cassius didn't love Harry.

He did.

It was just that he was scared of feeling something he'd never felt before.

It was all happening so fast for him.

Maybe he'll say it back one day.

But for now, he held Harry in his arms and kissed his head as a silent apology.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

The next morning, instead of going to the great hall, Cassius and Harry went into the kitchens to eat.

"Dobby," grinned Harry as the said elf rushed over and hugged him.

"What can Dobby do for you, sir?" asked the elf, then looked at Cassius. "And you, sir?"

"Two plates of pancakes and some bacon," replied Harry for both of them, then leaning on the kitchen counter. "You've never been here?"

Cassius shook his head at the question. "Nope. Never."

"Why not?"

The boy shrugged. "I don't know. I'm here now, though. With you." He looked at his boyfriend, who avoided his eyes. He let out a sigh. "Harry—"

"Thank you, Dobby." Harry interrupted Cassius as Dobby brought them the plates of food, then also brought two cups of juice.

"Dobby is happy to help, sir." Dobby said, then left them alone.

Harry bit into his food, not looking at his boyfriend.

Cassius bit his lip in thought, then also started eating, glancing at him every now and then.

When they were both done about ten minutes later, they walked out of the kitchen in silence. Cassius took Harry's hand and held it as they walked through the corridors.

Harry glanced at the boy in shock, but didn't let go, giving his hand a squeeze.

Cassius felt his lips twitch upwards. "Don't be mad at me," he said over the whispers that were starting to happen.

Harry shook his head. "I can't be mad at you. Even if I try."

"Good." Cassius said, bringing Harry's hand to his lips and kissing it. "Let's go to class."