𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

"CAN we have a talk?" Regulus asked his son a few days later, looking at him expectantly.

Cassius, who was reading, closed his book and nodded. "Sure, I guess."

"Cassius, I need you to be more open with me. I need you to stop pushing me away." Regulus started, sitting down next to his son on the couch in the living room.

Sirius and Harry were out, so Regulus and Cassius were the only ones at home.

Cassius shook his head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"And most of all, I need you to stop doing that. Acting like you don't know what you're doing.
Cassius, I want what's best for you. You're my son and I love you. Can we please have a nice father and son relationship? It's about time, don't you think?"

"Sure, dad." Cassius muttered. "Whatever you say."

"If you need someone to talk to, come to me, okay? If you need anything, come to me. Or if you're not comfortable with that, you could go to Sirius. Or even Harry. Just find comfort in someone."

Cassius look at him and nodded. "I'll try," he said, "That's all I can give you. A try."

"That's more than enough. Thank you, Cass."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Harry was being ignored by Cassius. And in return, he was ignoring Cassius too.

If Sirius and Regulus noticed the tension between them at the dinner table, they didn't show it.

"Where did you guys go?" Regulus asked curiously while sipping on the glass of water he had.

"The Weasleys." Sirius replied, biting into his food. "Remus and I are going to go somewhere tonight. We want you to join us."

Regulus shook his head. "Maybe another time. Have fun."

Not knowing how to deal with it anymore, Harry stood up and grabbed his plate, putting it in the sink and walking out of the kitchen.

"What's wrong with him?" Sirius asked his nephew, looking at the now-empty chair.

"How should I know?" Cassius asked back in return, shrugging when his father looked at him as well. "How the fuck should I know?"

"You should talk to him, Cassius." Regulus said.

His son shook his head. "If you guys want to know what's wrong, you guys should talk to him. I don't want to know because i do not care."

Sirius nodded. "You're right." He said, standing up and walking out of the kitchen to his godson's room.

Regulus bit into his food, thinking while chewing. When he swallowed it, he said, "What's going on between you and Harry?"

Cassius' brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"One day you both act like you're great friends and go to Diagon Alley together and the next day you act like you don't care when something is obviously bothering him."

"For the record, the Diagon Alley part was months ago." Cassius pointed out. "And nothing's going on."

"Try to not go back to hating him," said Regulus as Cassius stood up— wanting to go back to his room.

"Can't make any promises," replied Cassius before walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs.