𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

CASSIUS snapped out of his daze when Professor Snape asked him a question in class the next day. "Could you repeat that?"

Snape repeated, "What is a bezoar used for?"

"It is an antidote to common poisons." Cassius replied, trying his hardest not to look at the boy that was looking at him from the Gryffindor side of the classroom.

"10 points to Slytherin. A bezoar, like mister Black said, is used for—" Snape continued, looking at the students, but was tuned out by Cassius again immediately.

Cassius caved and looked at the boy, immediately looking away again.

"You didn't tell him, did you?" Draco asked his cousin, having noticed the eye contact between Harry Potter and Cassius.

"You didn't let me." Cassius' jaw clenched, staring at the cauldron between them.

Draco rolled his eyes but didn't say anything else.

The door to the classroom opened, which made everybody look. They all exchanged looks when they realized who was walking in; Umbridge.

After a few minutes of interrogating Snape, Umbridge's head snapped to the side when she heard whispers. "My office, Potter. Now."

Harry Potter rolled his eyes and stood up, walking out of the classroom with Umbridge again.

Cassius immediately tensed.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

As soon as class was over— which was half an hour later— Cassius rushed over to where Umbrige's office was, seeing Harry clutch his hand as he walked out of the office.

They both stopped walking as soon as they laid eyes on each other.

"What are you doing here?" Harry was the first to talk, wincing in pain.

Cassius looked at him as if he was dumb. "I brought you more dittany, of course. What else?"

Harry looked around the empty hallway, then sat by one of the pillars away from Umbridge's office.

Cassius sat down next to him, taking out the dittany from his pocket. He conjured a damp towel, looking at Harry for permission.

Harry nodded at his unspoken question. "Go ahead."

Cassius took Harry's wrist, starting to clean the new wound on his hand, which was written: 'I will not talk in class.'

Harry hissed in pain, which Cassius had to clench his jaw at to calm himself down. "When will you tell somebody?" Cassius asked as he now put dittany on the wound.

Harry didn't answer, his eyes on the boy now. Then, he quietly said, "Do you even care?"

"Of course I do!" Cassius exclaimed with no hesitation, now done. He didn't let go of Harry's wrist, though. "Harry, tell someone."

Harry pulled his hand away and stood up. "Thanks for the help. Goodbye, Black."

Cassius closed his eyes for a second in hurt without Harry noticing, then stood up and gave him the bottle of dittany. "For whenever she does it again."

Harry hesitated. "What about you?"

"I'll make myself another one. Don't worry about me."

"I won't." Harry said, taking the bottle from him. "Thank you."

Cassius didn't reply, watching as the boy walked away from him.