𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

CASSIUS Black looked around the party that was happening in the Slytherin common room. Some Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs were attending as well, surprisingly. No Gryffindors, though, of course.

The boy accepted a shot of fire whiskey from his cousin, who had walked over to him. "Cheers." They clinked their shot glasses together and downed it in one gulp at the same time.

Cassius grabbed a bottle of fire whiskey someone was holding, not paying attention to their huff, and drank the alcohol straight from the bottle.

Draco couldn't stop the concerned look passing through his face. "Are you alright, Cassius?"

The boy next to him didn't answer. "Where are Blaise and Theo?"

Draco pointed to the people by the fireplace. "In there somewhere."

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Cassius stepped onto the Astronomy tower, sitting near the edge with the bottle of fire whiskey still in his hand.

He pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and lit one up, taking a drag.

His head snapped to the side when he heard footsteps, relaxing when he realized who it was.

"Why aren't you at the party?" Harry asked, walking over to him and sitting next to him.

Cassius frowned. "How'd you know we're having a party?"

Harry shrugged. "Everyone's talking about it."

Cassius nodded understandingly and exhaled some smoke.

"Are you alright? I saw how Chang bumped into you in the game."

"Bumped?" scoffed Cassius bitterly. "She did that on purpose. Have a look."

Harry hesitantly reached out and pulled Cassius' shirt up a bit, trying to have a look. He let out a gasp at the blue and purple bruise forming on Cassius' hip, his fingers hovering over it for a second until he touched it.

Cassius winced in pain, but didn't say anything, trying to comprehend why his heart was beating so fast suddenly.

"Sorry," said Harry, pulling away immediately when he noticed the boy's look, his own heart beating fast too. "I'm sorry—"

Cassius grabbed Harry's hand with a frown, noticing the bandage on it. "What happened?" He asked softly, eyes still on the bandage.

Harry's eyes, meanwhile, were on the boy, his heart beating faster than ever and his breath quickening. "Nothing," he whispered, trying to pull away, swallowing when Cassius wouldn't let go. "Cassius, I'm fine."

Cassius finally looked at his eyes, trying to see if the boy was really fine or not.

"I promise," whispered Harry.

The boy next to him nodded after a few seconds and let go, grabbing the fire whiskey and taking a large gulp.

Harry's eyes caught on it. "Are you drunk?" He asked in disappointment, shoulders slumping.

If Cassius was drunk, would he remember this little moment that passed between them?

Of course not.

Harry would, though. Drunk or not. Happy or sad. Mad or calm. Whatever emotions, whatever thing passing through his head, whatever problems eating him up— Harry would remember this.

He wasn't sure Cassius would, though.

Was it even a moment?

"No," replied Cassius truthfully. "I don't get drunk easily."

Harry watched as the boy threw the cigarette in his hands, letting out a sigh. He clenched his teeth together in thought, then let go.

Cassius glanced at him, pursing his lips. His eyes caught on the bandage on Harry's hand again, frowning when it was getting soaked with blood.

"Harry," said Cassius, motioning towards the boy's hand.

"Fuck." Harry muttered, standing up. "Shit. Shit. Shit—"

"Hey," whispered Cassius soothingly, holding Harry's wrist and making the boy sit back down. "Let me see that. Can I?"

"Do not tell anyone, Cassius. Please."

The boy frowned further, but nodded. Then, he slowly opened the boy's bandage, inhaling deeply through his nose when he saw it.

On Harry's hand was etched; 'I will not talk back.' with blood all over it.

Cassius conjured a wet towel with his wand, then started to clean the blood around Harry's hand. When he was done, he pulled out a potion from his pocket. "Dittany." He explained when Harry gave him a confused look.

He put a few drops on the boy's wound, watching as it closed up. Then, he cleaned the remaining blood again and bandaged it up again with a new and clean bandage.

Harry didn't bother looking at his hand, his eyes on the boy and on the boy only. "Why do you have dittany on you?"

"I have it on me at all times. Just incase a new wound appears."

"A new wound wouldn't appear. She's not here, Cassius." Harry said softly and comfortingly.

Cassius' lips broke into a small smile. "Better to be safe than sorry. I don't want any new scars."

"Isn't the ointment working?"

Cassius let go of the boy's hand, trying not to look disappointed at the coldness he was feeling now without a hand to hold. "I can't get it on my back."

"Whenever you feel comfortable enough, I can help." Harry offered, now looking at the sky, eyes on the stars.

Cassius became quiet, taking another gulp from the bottle of alcohol. Then, very quietly, he said, "Thank you, Harry."