002

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

🏁 002: 𝙒𝙍𝙄𝙏𝙏𝙀𝙉 𝙄𝙉 𝙎𝘾𝘼𝙍𝙎🏁

MAY 18, 2006
12:06 AM
TOKYO, JAPAN

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

NAOMI STOOD GLUED TO HER SPOT. The heels of her pink platforms digging into the orange-ish dirt below her as she keeps a close eye on the street. Even after the race had begun and the cars took off in a vicious, unified roar of engines - the crowd aside never stops their exuberant chanting.

Bets were being placed on these racers and it was then that Naomi realizes how talented these men were. How confident the crowd had to be to take hundreds from their pockets and slap them into the hands of the collectors who roamed around urging them to bet. The trust and bond between street racers and their fans was an interesting thing. A tight and close relationship. Win or lose.

Her head turns to the side as the sound of the once distant engines get closer and closer with each passing second. Speed limits being broken carelessly and rubber being burned as their tires skid across the smooth, black asphalt as they cut the sharp corner. Her eyes widen in awe as the blinding headlights shine upon the crowd. And loud gasps erupt from the curious audience as a winner approaches the finish line.

"Step back step back!" A loud, masculine voice boomed.

Naomi took steps back, not wanting to become a greasy spot in the middle of the damn road. Her heart pounding in her chest as anticipation weighs upon her.

Here it comes... she thought.

And just as the thought crossed her mind, a winner crossed the finish line in a ghostly white flash. A flag being pushed out and waved by Jimin to mark the first finisher, and the car that soon followed behind. Naomi nibbled on her bottom lip as they all fall in line beside one another after crossing. She turns to her left to see doors opening and people trampling over one another to get to the cars and either greet or congratulate the racers.

Her eyes take a brief travel across the line until they land on the car at the very end that was stopped just a bit ahead of the other. She recognized this car as the first to cross the finish line. And as the car that belonged to the one and only Jung Hoseok.

Curiosity eats at Naomi as she gains the sudden temptation to approach him. Noticing him greeting his fans with a huge smile on his face as he exchanged hand shakes with guys and little side hugs with the ladies. She just knew he was boasting about what a good job he had done, and honestly the thought makes her want to gag. But she had a role to play. A job to do. And she couldn't display such distaste at a time like this.

Sucking in a breath, Naomi begins to walk over towards his car. Attitude and grace in her confident stride as she steps on the road. Her hips swaying and dipping on their own accord as she walks around the gleaming white Nissan Skyline with a mission to get to Hoseok.