021

◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

🏁 021: SMOKE BREAK 🏁

JUNE 4, 2006
2:45 PM
TOKYO, JAPAN

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

"I'M GLAD WE GOT THIS CHANCE TO hang out." Jimin was rummaging around the kitchen area of his small condo. It smelled just like him, cigarettes and Chanel perfume. "Life has been far too hectic. I just need to slow down for a little bit." He sighed out from between his plush lips anyone could have the honor to kiss. He had invited Naomi over soon after she left Hoseok's garage. Still shaken by her brief interaction with the buzzcut man, she needed this too. Because in all this unfamiliarity, she just needed a piece of her childhood back.

Naomi scoffed in disbelief. "Park Jimin needs to slow down? Now I've heard it all." She watched him pull out two glasses from the cabinet and a bottle of rum. He shook the bottle at her, a silent question if she wanted any which she happily agreed to. She needed a drink after the morning she's had. Jimin poured the both of them half a glass and handed one to her. "Now you've heard it all." He echoed, taking a sip. "Come to the balcony with me. I need a smoke."

She was okay with sitting outside with him. Even if it was to smoke. "You're too pretty to smoke, Chim. You have to stop doing that shit. Gonna end up with a hole in your throat." She followed him out to the balcony as he took his pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Jimin had a single chair out on the balcony and a small table beside it. He let her take the chair. "Calm down, calm down. I only smoke one a day now... you still don't smoke, do you?"

Naomi shook her head. "Good girl. Keep it that way. This shit will kill you." Jimin sounded scarily like Yoongi in that moment, kind of looked like him too as he placed the cigarette in between his lips and flicked the lighter. She recognized it immediately, Yoongi's lighter. A white BIC lighter stained yellow from all the cigarettes and the sands of time. She could blink and see Yoongi in Jimin, his hair tossing in the wind as he leans over the railing and looks out at the world around him. It was scary. A feeling of deja vu hitting her in the chest, damn near knocking her out of the chair.

"C-can I see that?" She asked timidly. Naomi had so many of Yoongi's possessions, his old shirts, his favorite album, a lock of his hair given to her by the coroners after they did his autopsy. She knows all the details of it. Forward and back. All his injuries, all marks, everything. She knows his cause of death, a broken neck, and that he died painlessly. It was immediate. If one didn't know any better, they would assume that Naomi was on the scene during his time of death. She knew everything about everything when it came to how he left this world. More than she would've liked to.

Jimin looked down at the lighter in his hand, sweet eyes showing hesitantly. This was one of the only things he had left. He spent years using this lighter, refilling it, replacing parts. He couldn't bear to part with it. But this was his sister. She wouldn't take this from him, so Jimin handed it to her. "Be careful with it." That was his scorched heart he was handing to her.