004

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

🏁 004: 𝙅𝙐𝙎𝙏 𝙎𝙊𝙈𝙀 𝙆𝙄𝘿🏁

JUNE 27, 1999
10:47 PM
DAEGU, SOUTH KOREA

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

The stars in Daegu are incredibly hard to see. The smog, Naomi figured, the fine dust in the air which made mask-wearing the norm for most citizens. Maybe it was the lights of the city that made it difficult. Naomi still tried though, to look through all of that and maybe find the secrets of the universe in the midst of it.

Stargazing was a nightly occurrence for Naomi, or at least, that’s what she'd tell Yoongi if he came into her room to find her propped up beside her window and staring longingly at the outside world. In reality, her gaze was a bit further down, watching the passerby's by the hundred while they go and find their buzz for the night, a new high.

Yoongi would have a heart attack on the spot if he knew she had snuck out while he was away. He’d lecture her on how dangerous it was for her to be out on her own, young and defenseless. Most wouldn’t worry like him but most weren’t like him. Most didn’t know what goes on behind closed doors and they didn’t know some of the vile people he knew.

Instead of exploring outside of the confines of the four walls that create her small bedroom, Naomi sits less than content, staring at what could have been if maybe she were a little older and had a bit more freedoms than she does now. Being sixteen sucks in the moment. Yoongi begs to diifer. “You don’t have to pay for shit. I wouldn’t be complaining if I were you.”

Lonely nights were nothing new to Naomi. Roaming the house in deep sighs and longing gazes out the window at a world she always found herself unfamiliar with and disconnected from. She never wanted Yoongi to feel bad for working so hard, disappearing into the night for hours only to come back come with a thick stack of cash in his hands, cash that never seemed to last long enough for him to take a break from his nightly affairs. So she kept her mouth shut, never complained about how often he was gone because he was taking care of her just as he always had. He put food on the table, paid the bills and with whatever else he had - he made sure Naomi’s necessities were taken care of. She learned to cherish the moments she did get to spend with him. Plus, it seemed as Yoongi was already aware of how little time he he got to spend with her. He made it up in the way he knew how. Getting her things. That’s what girls like, right? Things, tangible objects they can have and hold.

Naomi never asked for much, even as a child, seeming to understand how tight they were for cash. However, if she spotted a pair of cute shoes or a pretty skirt that she wanted best believe Yoongi would stop at nothing to get it for her. And that’s where any loose pocket change went. Into feeding Naomi’s every desire. Into filling up her little heart and closet with all the materialistic shit she fancied. He would make a way. And if he couldn’t get something right away, he would get it later.