009

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

🏁 009: 𝙅𝙀𝘼𝙇𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙔 𝙇𝙄𝙆𝙀 𝙊𝙄𝙇 🏁

MAY 26, 2006
6:47 AM
TOKYO, JAPAN

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

"FIVE BASICS I WOULD SAY ONE SHOULD know about fixing cars is changing oil, flat tires, spark plugs, car batteries and wipers."

Nearly 7 in the morning and Naomi was starting the question why she was even here. Not just in Hoseok's garage where everything that had a state of matter reeked of motor oil, gasoline, and toxic masculinity, but in Japan, working with the police. Lack of sleep was beginning to make her delirious. The sun had barely even risen into the sky and yet the city was terribly alive. They say New York never sleeps, but New York isn't special. Tokyo never sleeps, Seoul never sleeps, Los Angelos never sleeps.

And apparently Naomi never sleeps. Hoseok insisted that they start early.

Naomi chewed with abhorrent passion on her pink bubble gum as she spectated with utter disinterest Hoseok examining to the rusty old 1990 Honda Accord. He looked almost excited to teach her about his passion for cars; for fixing broken things. His eyes are brighter than usual, sparkling with the enthusiasm he was attempting to suppress without a casual tone.

Hoseok liked taking things apart and putting them back together like he's Frankenstein. He likes knowing how something works, being able to alter it to work more efficiently. It's been a bit of his since he was young, a fascination of sorts. At some point, that fascination for general objects and toys turned into one for cars.

Naomi was really just focusing on keeping her eyes open. Hoseok offered her coffee which she promptly refused in disgust. "Why did we have to do this so early?" Her groan bordered on a pitiful whine. Hoseok shrugged, taking the opportunity to drink the coffee he had once offered her. Pitch black and unsweetened like his moral code. "Because we could." It's the time he usually comes to work, usually with only 3 to 5 hours of sleep in him. So most time Hoseok finds himself running on fumes and self-loathing.

Hoseok eyed her up with a smirk which he hid behind the chipped mug he held to his lips. "Plus, you had enough energy to get dressed all nice and pretty like you aren't gonna get all that shit dirty."

If there was an opportunity for Naomi to dress up,she'd take it. After all, no matter what she was doing, a princess was always a princess. And she made sure everyone knew that.

Currently, the 23-year-old sported a pair of baggy light denim jeans (to protect her legs from the hot oil they would be surrounded by today), a short cropped sleeveless pink shirt with the simple word diva in the middle, spelled out with rhinestones. On her feet she surprisingly didn't wear platforms, reminding Hoseok of how short she truly was. Her white Reeboks accented in hot pink looking as if they were fresh off the shelf captured his attention when she first came to the shop. That pristine state wasn't going to last long. He had grease, oil, and just general grime on at least halfof his wardrobe.