012

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

🏁 012: 𝙔𝙊𝙆𝘼𝙄 𝘾𝙊𝙑𝙀 🏁

MAY 29, 2006
7:46 PM
TOKYO, JAPAN

◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣◥◣

THE SUN SETS OUTSIDE, painting a perfect picture of a dusky pink and tangerine orange. Coating the sky and casting a soft shadow over the streets of downtown Tokyo. Pedestrians walk by in a hurry to make it to their night job or back home, where they could finally make more money for the week or rest their heads on their pillows.

Inside his one-bedroom apartment, rests Hoseok, laying on his back with his left hand tucked behind his head. In his free hand, he holds on to a little toy car figurine. His eyes scan the same trinket he had found comfort in for years. The blue, chipped paint around the edges is an example of how old and yet loved the miniature was. Hoseok was still able to find beauty beneath its harsh marks. He figured he should talk to his brother soon. It's been a long while.

He hadn't had the best of days today. Earlier at the shop, he had an angry customer come in and complain about some shit Hoseok had supposedly done wrong on his car. Demanding a refund and whatnot. Hoseok took pride in his craft and he wasn't some bullshit mechanic that sold false hope. So, of course, he went back and examined the vehicle. After looking over some paperwork, he saw that the customer had taken his vehicle to another mechanic after a visit with Hoseok and that's where everything went wrong.

Hoseok didn't like being falsely accused. In a way, that fucked his entire day up. He hated being lied on. Being painted as some villain. As the bad guy in any situation without at least being heard out first. Sure, he could admit that he was the villain in some people's stories no matter how you look at it. He couldn't change that no matter what angle you wanted to look at it. But just because he was the bad one in one situation didn't mean he was in the wrong in all situations. Some situations are complicated and nuanced, requiring one to look in-depth. Not everything is so surface-level.

Although his next few clients after that were fairly cooperative and were happy with the outcome of the work on their vehicles, Hoseok had absentmindedly let one jackass ruin his day.

Even as he lay in bed at home fiddling with the little toy car that could fit in the middle of his palm, he thought about the incident.

His chest rises and falls subtly. On his bottom lip, his tongue rests. The little silver sphere in the middle of his pink muscle massages his top and bottom lips as his eyebrows droop down into a curved line. Somehow, his mind flickers between the earlier catastrophe and a symbol of peace. That symbol of peace is Min Naomi.

It hadn't been very long since they last talked to one another. And even then, Hoseok thinks about her as if it's been all these five years. He missed her company. She was the perfect person to be around. She kept Hoseok on his toes with witty remarks and snappy comebacks. She kept him entertained.