02

"Here comes the two queens of the court."I smiled as I walked into the tennis court with Thea beside me.

"Alright listen up. Coach is looking for a new team and she is watching so do your drills properly."Thea sternly said as she looked at everyone.

"Good luck."I chimed in as I gave them a sweet smile, I looked into the crowd of girls and saw Simone, I could tell she was having a hang over right now.

Thea and I watched the girls do their drills attentively but Simone seemed to be doing the worst which made me cringe.

"Simone! Coach Lani says you should go home."Thea announced as she took out her phone and showed Simone her phone.

"Thea you could have said this privately and nic--"

"No, she should know. She says your foot work is sloppy."Thea said which made me roll my eyes at her.

"I'm sorry Simone. Coach Lani is always watching."I said sympathetically as I pointed towards the coaches car in the parking lot. Simone nodded before she stormed off.

"Thea you should stop this thing of being mean."I said as I looked up at her.

"I need a perfect team, Mecca. Not people that drink the day before practice."she said as she walked away to go watch the other girls do their drills.

---

" Come on, Thea help me. It's almost 2pm."I said as I looked through my wardrobe.

"I've never been on a date just like you so I don't know."She dismissed which made me sigh as I took my clothes from the wardrobe with their hangers and left.

Thea wasn't being supportive with this whole JR thing, she's just been dismissing me with simple answers and honestly it was just irratating me.

I knocked on Simone's door a couple times and after my 5th knock Nathaniel opened up.

"Date emergency?"she asked as she looked at me and the clothes in my hand, I nodded at her which made her laugh before taking my clothes out of my hand and ushered me on, there I saw Simone and Keisha.

"You're going on a date with JR!?"Simone asked in excitement which made me nod my head whilst blushing.

"Did he say where he was taking you?"Keisha asked as her and Nathaniel sorted out my clothes.

"No he hasn't."I said as I looked between them.

"Girl sit. I'll do your make up, Nathaniel and Keisha will sort out your outfit."Simone said as she sat me down in front of her dressing table that had a mirror.

After almost a long time of them giving me a pep talk about dates and boys I was finally dressed.

"Wow this is really nice."I said as I looked down at my outfit.

"What we have for you is a long sleeve crop top that has spaghetti straps wrapped around you beautiful figure and black flare pants to compliment everyone, to tie it all together we have gold hoops, black purse and black and white Nike dunks."Nathaniel explained as she made me do a 360 turn.

"You look beautiful."Keisha said which made me blush.

"Thank you all so much. I really appreciate it."I said as I looked around.

"Lemme take my clothes."I said as I looked at the bunch of clothes that were on Simone's bed.

"No, we will take them but lead the way because I don't want to talk to your sister right now."Keisha said which made me giggle as I led them to my room.

We got to my dorm room and they placed all my belongs in their respective places.

"Thank you so much. T-T, I'm going out. Don't wait up."I said as I shut the door behind me.

"You will be fine. I'm so excited."Keisha said as she hugged me, I smile and nodded my head.

"Okay, go, go."Nathaniel said as she scooted me abit, I laughed nervously before I went to go meet JR.

---

"Did I tell you that you look amazing?"JR asked as he leaned forward on the table, I giggle before I leaned in as well.

"Yeah. For the 4th time now."I said whilst giggling as I played with my pasta.

"So have you been playing tennis your whole life?"he asked as he looked at me attentively.

"Yeah, Thea and I were even home schooled because we uh went to championships around the world."I explained as I leaned forward.

"Damn, where haven't you been?"he asked as he looked at me in shock.

"Well I haven't been to the hot countries because once I played at Egypt, I uh fainted because of the heat."I said as I scratched the back of my neck shyly.

"Damn, now I know. No beach dates."he said whilst chuckling which made me giggle.

"I actually love the beach."I said added.

"What about you JR? Why do you like baseball?"I asked.

"My pops. He was a huge baseball star and I eventually started liking baseball just like him. It's our thing. It's what brings us closer."he explained which made me nod my head at his story.

"I've heard that you're a dancer too."I joked as I gave him a wink before I took a bite of my pasta.

"Damn, you must be my number one fan. How do you know all this information?"he asked whilst showing off his infectious smile as he took a sip of his drink.

"Whatever, Jesse."I said whilst rolling my eyes at him with a small smirk.

"You want to dance?"he asked as he looked around the private outdoor area of restaurant.

"Dance? There's no dance floor here."I said as I watched him stand up whilst holding his hand out.

"We'll make a dance floor and play the music."he said as he took his phone out and tapped on it a couple of times until Fallen by Lauren Wood began to play.

"I love this song."I said as I took his hand and smiled up at him.

"You mind?"he asked as he placed his hand on my lower back.

"You don't have to ask, JR."I said as I looked into his eyes and moved to the rhythm of the music with him.

"I want you to feel comfortable around me, actually. I want you to feel safe."he said as he placed his one hand under my chin, he slowly brought my face towards him and he then gave me a couple of pecks before he kissed my forehead.

"I feel safe."I admitted as I placed my head on his chest and continued to sway to the music, I took his hand that was on my lower back and placed it  on my ass which made him chuckle.

"Yeah, you feel very safe."he said which made me giggle before nodding my head in response.

"I feel very safe."