06

"Can we stop now."Thea said as she tossed the ball away which made me look at Simone oddly.

"That's not like you ending early?"Simone said as we walked towards our bags.

"Well it's hot and Mecca gets bad migraines when she's in the heat for too long or she gets a heat stroke."Thea nonchalantly said whilst shrugging her shoulders which made me look away with a small smile.

"I think is so sweet that you guys know so much about each other."Simone teased as I grabbed my bag which made me playfully throw a tennis ball at her.

"Listen. I need to go look for JR, I'm worried about him. I'll catch you later? I'll help you with the boy situation later."I said as I placed my tennis racket in my bag.

"Boy situation?"Simone asked as she looked between us which made Thea glare at me.

"Oops, Maybe Simone can help you. I love you, bye."I cheerily said as I jogged out of the court on my way to the baseball field once I got there I looked around at the boys to see that JR wasn't there.

I looked around but once coach dismissed the team Damon jogged towards me with a concerned expression.

"Sup, Mecca. You haven't seen JR have you?"Damon asked.

"I came here looking for him actually."I muttered in concern as I looked around the field again.

"The boys and I are worried about him."Damon said in a worried tone as we walked away side by side.

"Um. Let's split up maybe?"I asked which made Damon agree.

After I had taken my shower I looked around for Jesse even by his dorm.

"Miss Mecs."Nathaniel greeted as she hugged me tightly.

"Hey, babe. You haven't seen JR have you?"I asked as I looked up at her in concerned which made her smile drop.

"No baby I haven't. I'll look with you."She offered which made me smile at her and nod as we made our way out everything just went dark.

"What the hell?"I mumbled as I looked around the main area.

"It's a black out. The heat blew a fuse."Keisha announced as she read her phone.

"Damn."I mumbled.

"Let's go look for JR, girl."Nathaniel said as she linked her arm around mine and put the flash on her iPad on.

"Thanks, Nathaniel. I appreciate it."I said as we went looking for JR, we asked the boys I usually saw him with even a couple of girls.

"JR? He's already turning up."I looked at my girl in confusion.

"Turning up?"I asked as I looked at her with confusion but that was later revealed when I saw JR coming down the hallway with a bottle in his hand.

"Baby! Baby! I've been looking for you."he slurred as he forcefully put his arm around my shoulders.

"JR, are you drunk? Damon and I have been looking for you everywhere."I said as I reached for the bottle but he drunkly held it above his head.

"JR, I'm not playing with you. I've been worried."I said as I was going was going tried to reach for the bottle again but he just moved his arm away from me whilst chuckling.

"Celebrate with me baby."he said as he forcefully tried to kiss me but I pushed him away.

"You're drunk."I said as I pushed him away but he kept forcing himself on me which made Nathaniel intervine by pushing JR away from me.

"She said stop it, JR."Nathaniel warned as she looked at JR.

"Whatever. I'll go look for another girl."he said as he took a swing from the bottle he was holding.

"Go ahead. I don't care."I snapped as I rolled my eyes and stormed off, as I stormed off I bumped into someone which made me apologize immediately.

"Mecca. Have you found him?"Damon asked as he held me, I looked at him and nodded.

"He's drunk out of his damn mind."I mumbled as I roll my eyes.

"You can go talk to him."I said as I stormed off.

"Wait, Mecca."Damon said as he held my wrist.

"Let's go talk to him. You're his girl so he might actually listen to you."He said which made me sigh heavily before I followed him and I directed him to where JR had been.

We heard people cheering his name which indicated that we were very close, we saw JR with his arm around a girl which made my heart sink.

"JR, coach and I were worried about you."Damon said as he pulled him away from the girl.

"Man, worried about what? I'm not going to play baseball anymore that was a sport for my dad and I. Since my parents are splitting, what's the point?"he asked as he looked up at Damon before he stormed off.

"I need to call his dad or something."Damon said as he watched JR walk away from him.

"I don't know Damon."I said as I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't want to make this all about me being unhappy about him being in some girls arms but this was breaking my heart.

"Hey, hey. I know this is upsetting you but he's going through a rough time at the moment." Damon said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Well what else would I have to put up with when he's upset, Damon? Him hanging around other girls like that?"I asked in disbelief as I pointed towards him before I stormed off and went to my room.

I sat on my bed in silence and stared at all my glossy tennis posters and my framed picture of JR and I.

I heard a faint knock on my door.

"It's open."I muttered not looking at the door.

"Hey, Mec."Simone said as she walked into my dorm room with a little lamp in her hand.

"Hey."I mumbled as I tried to give her a smile which slowly became a frown which also made me cry.

"Oh no, Mecca."Simone said as she hugged me tightly.

"You know, I've never had a good boyfriend so JR doing something like this to me is just making me think about every single scum I've dated. He knows what I've been through and I know what he's been through but here he is doing this to me."I explained as I hugged her tightly.

"Hey, we've all had that one person to ruin love for us but JR isn't one of them, you need to find JR and talk to him."she said as she gently rubbed my back.

"Maybe he can tell you what his parents separating truly means to him."she continued as she hugged me tightly.

"Have you ever been hurt like this Simone?"I asked as I continued to hug her.

"Yeah, when I was in high school. I slept with this guy and I ended being pregnant. I was carrying his baby but he kept slut shaming me instead of helping me so I gave the baby up for adoption."She said which made me pull away from her immediately and look at her in disbelief.

"Simone, I'm so sorry."I muttered as I looked up at her.

"It's okay because through that I found Jordan."she cheerfully said as she gave me a small smile.

"I need to go find, JR. Thank you so much Simone."I said as I hugged her tightly before we both left me dorm room and went in different directions.

I knocked on JR's door a couple of times and after a few more knocks he roughly opened the door, I forced my way in and closed the door behind me.

"Listen, Mecca. I'm not ready to talk about this yet."he mumbled as he watched me lay down on his bed, I then held out my arms.

I knew he just needed me to be there to atleast hold him close. He looked away from me and that's when his tears began to fall.

"Come on, baby."I silently said as I held back my own tears, he didn't think twice, he just got into my arms.

I held him tightly as he began to sob and cry harder. I didn't say anything I just hugged him tightly and allowed him to just cry.

JR cried until he eventually fell asleep, I gently caressed his cheek as I rocked him back and forth like a fragile baby as I heard his steady and silent breathing through his nose.