08

"I'll be back in 3 days baby."JR said as he pecked my lips and chuckled at my pouty face and me holding onto his waist as I looked up at him with my chin against his chest.

"That's a lot of time, J."I mumbled childishly as I turned my head so that my ear was now against his cheek.

"I'll be back soon. I promise."he said as he kissed my forehead.

"Okay, okay. Call and text me."I said as I hugged him once again.

"I will. I have to go. I love you, bye."he said as he pecked my lips a couple of times once again before I walked towards his car, once he got in his car I gave him one last wave before I went back to the main campus.

When I made my way towards campus I saw Damon walking across the quad which made me call him a couple of times but he kept walking, I jogged towards him and gently tapped his shoulder.

"Hey Mr Sims."I greeted with a bright smile but I could tell that he wasn't okay.

"Sup' Mecca."he said as he gave me a small smile that quickly faded as he gave avoided eye contact with me.

"You okay?"I asked as I looked up at him in concern he nodded dismissively before mumbling a bye but I stopped him.

"Hey, I'm not letting you walk off like that. What's wrong?"I asked as I got in front of him.

"Did you know that Simone and JR were searching for my adoptive parents?"he asked as he looked down at me, I thought abit it for a bit.

"JR mentioned it but I thought you guys had an agreement or something, D. I didn't know that you weren't aware."I said as I shrugged my shoulders which made him sigh before beginning to walk off but I gently grabbed his wrist once again.

"Damon, silent treatment is high school shit. Talk to me."I said as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Did your boyfriend also tell you that he quit baseball?"he asked which made me look up at him in shock.

"Wh-what?"

"He told Coach and cleared out his locker."Damon said whilst shrugging his shoulders.

"Listen I have to catch up with my mom's. I'll see you around."he said which made me nod slowly as I took my phone out of my pocket and began to scroll to the contact list right up to JR's name, my thumb hover over his name before I thought about it for a while but I switched off my phone and placed it in my pocket as I made my way back into campus.

Thea went home with my grandmother but I decided to stay because I'm having some family issues at the moment and I wasn't ready to deal with them, my mom has always praised Thea for the smallest achievements right up to the biggest one too but with me she always disapproves and tells me to try harder, my father praises me everyday. I wasn't prepared to go home and deal with my mom so I stayed back.

I sigh heavily as I decided to make my way to Simon's dorm room, when I got there I knocked a couple of time and she let me in.

"Hey sis."Simone greeted as she gave me a hug when I got in I saw Keisha and Nathaniel sitting on her bed. I smiled at Keisha and smirked at her.

"Imma break you off lemme be your motivation!"I sang as I rushed over to her and gave her a hug.

"Thank you girl. Damn you can sing?"she asked as she gave me a smirk I rolled my eyes before I flicked my hair m

"I sing here and there."I said as I smirked at them, I then looked around the dorm and noticed that there were baby toys and rubbers on every corner.

"Oh baby Shay is coming?"I asked as I looked around with a small smile.

"I love babies."I cooed excitedly.

"Yeah I'm baby sitting this afternoon."she said which made me coo excitedly once again.

"Oh Yay!"I said with a small smile.

"I'll go practice some tennis and I'll be back."I said as I gave her a small smile, Simone agreed.

(tennis practice)

Aftery long shower I went back to meet up with Simone, Keisha and Nathaniel in her dorm and when I got there I heard crying which made me scrunch my eyebrows before I opened the door.

"Hey."I said as I closed the door behind me and placed my phone in my pocket.

"Oh no no baby."I said as I bent down the crying baby and decided to sing him a lullaby and I slightly bounced him around.

After a few seconds he kept quiet and placed his head on my chest.

"There we go baby. There we go."I cooed as I bent down to take one of his stuffed animal and wave it around him.

"That's a big boy."I said as I pretended to make the little stuffed bunny speak which made him giggle and take his doll. I looked back and saw that Simone, Keisha and Nathaniel were looking at me in shock.

"Damn girl, you're good."Nathaniel said as she gave me a small smirk.

"I owe you one."Simone said as she gave me a small smile and walked over to me to play with the now quiet baby Shay.

"Don't worry about it girl."I said as I handed her baby Shay, I grabbed the pacifier from his collar and placed it in his mouth.

"You're the best."Keisha said as she rubbed her forehead with frustration.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I grabbed it, I looked at the caller ID and saw JR's name, I sighed heavily and excused myself as I answered the phone as I made my way out.

"Hey baby." he greeted cheerfully.

"Hey, J. How's your time with the rents?"I asked as I walked towards my dorm room.

"Uh, they're still splitting up and they're selling the house. They didn't even tell me."he mumbled.

"Aw baby I'm so sorry."I said.

"My mom said something about falling out of love and damn. You think that'll happen to us?"he asked which took me by surprise.

"Uh it's hard to tell now."I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"You saying it might happen?"he asked in disbelief.

"Well, JR it's only been a month of us dating." I said

"But I'd be deeply hurt if we fell out of love."