\|}sacrifice{|/

This takes place after the recent archon quest, their in a relationship (still haven't figured when they exactly got together but gon figure out soon!) They aren't as intimate as in the first chapter yet, just into the relationship. Status: safe

 Status: safe

Aether's point of view

I could feel my heart ache, I almost lost my lover right infront of me. If he wasn't so stubborn or with the ' last will ' or whatever, he wouldn't have done it, would he?

What does he not feel like I'm enough for him? Does he really not want to live...? Did I not love him enough to make him feel loved?

I was so relieved that he came back alive, I was double checking everything just to make sure he's truly back.

When he had his flesh wound or when he didn't even try to recover after using the Bane of all evil, he acted as if he was putting on a facade. This was never the case. Whenever we injured ourselves we took care of each-other. But he looked so peaceful I couldn't have possibly disturbed him?

I wanted burst into tears but I needed to hold them, I needed to say my goodbyes. I could sense he was waiting for me. I gritted my teeth, I just want to hug him and forget everyone else.

When they started to leave, my heart felt more heavy. Thankfully Paimon left with them, I really need alone time with Xiao. Just about when I was going to turn around and just throw myself in his arms. Yelan appeared.

I didn't listen nor pay attention to her, I just wanted to cry. We may not be that close yet but I care alot about him and I know that he'll accept me and tell me the truth as to why he would do such a thing.

 We may not be that close yet but I care alot about him and I know that he'll accept me and tell me the truth as to why he would do such a thing

Third person point of view

After Yelan seemingly disappeared, Aether couldn't hold it. Xiao stared at his lover, he could see how mad the traveler was at him, that's it.

The blonde dug into his chest and just started pour, and kept mumbling why.

"Aether... please calm down.."
Xiao knew this wasn't the first time he dealt with Aether crying but this was serious. He knew what he had just done and all he wanted was to make sure his lover was safe.

"I don't like seeing you in this state..."

"Neither do I!?"
Aether outbursts

Aether just had enough of his self sacrifice shenanigans.

"Listen Aether I apologise.. "

"Well its not enough!?"

The blonde was upset with the answer Xiao gave him

"Tell me why and tell me now. What made you think to do that!?"

The traveler looked at him dead in the eye.

The adeptus sighed.

"It was because of my own insanity.. I love you... and it would hurt to not see you above in the surface alive and well."

"It was a one way chance..."

"No! If you just gave us more time we could've found a better solution!"

"Aether that wouldn't be possible.."

Xiao knew that trying to put some sort of logic wouldn't work, his lover had every right to be mad at him.

"Listen love... I.."

Xiao was having difficulty finding the right words,

Aether sensed that.

"Enough... just..."

"Stay"

The two lovers reconciled somewhere deep within the mountains of liyue

// sorry if this seemed a lil rushed ;-;//