Chapter 5: Roulette

Liana's on her way to Clark's because she texted him that her laundry machine is broken, and she asked him if she could borrow his and he said sure

Liana's on her way to Clark's because she texted him that her laundry machine is broken, and she asked him if she could borrow his and he said sure. Liana knocks on the door and Clark answers the door and says, "Hey." Liana says, "Hey." Liana walks into the house and Clark looks at her laundry basket and he says, "I hope have enough detergent." Liana says, "Well, if you don't have enough, you could always get some more. So, I was thinking since I'll be doing laundry, we could have a movie night." Clark says, "Sounds fun. What are we watching?" Liana says, "I'm thinking Star Wars Marathon." Clark smiles and says, "Okay." Liana carries her laundry to the washing machine and Clark goes to make the popcorn. Liana comes back to see Clark sitting on the couch with popcorn in his lap. Liana puts the movie in the DVD player and starts the first movie. Liana sits next to Clark and Clark hands Liana a soda bottle. Clark looks at Liana and he says, "I'll be right back." Liana nods and Clark speeds out the room and then comes back. Clark says, "What I'd miss?" Liana unenthusiastically says, "Uh, you missed when Darth Vader captured Princess Leia." Clark looks at Liana and notices the bored tone in her voice and he stands up and says, "Alright, Liana. You and I both know how much you love Star Wars and I know that you don't do your laundry on a Friday night. You usually either hang out with Chloe or Lois. Are you okay?" Liana avoids Clark's look and says, "I'm fine." Clark says, "Liana." Liana looks over at Clark and says, "Why wouldn't I be fine? I'm totally not fine. Even if it is stupid. But-but it's not stupid. It's Oliver's birthday today and we always go out and do something crazy on our birthdays. But today's about to be yesterday in t-minus..." Liana looks at the clock and frowns and continues to say, "...negative minutes. It's over. He totally missed it. How does a guy with nine phone numbers not return a phone call?" Clark says, "Probably just celebrating with someone else." Liana tilts her head at Clark and says, "Do you know something? You would tell me if you did, right?" Clark says, "I'm sure Oliver's just fine. But paying him a visit wouldn't hurt." Liana says, "Great idea. Let's go." Later, Liana and Clark walk into Oliver's office and Liana says, "Oliver?" They see that he's not here and Clark says, "We've already checked his jet and his apartment unless he's under the couch. Looks like his party train already left the station." Liana says, "What?" Liana walks over to see Clark looking at a napkin that says "Roulette" on it. Liana then goes onto Oliver's laptop and types in his username and password, and she got in. Liana sees a video feed of what happened at Oliver's gala. Liana says, "Why would Oliver want to relieve the night someone tried to Hindenburg him?" Clark says, "Liana, we should respect his privacy." As Clark goes to close the computer, Liana swats Clark's hand away and Liana says, "I can't imagine what he was going through just standing there. He looks like he didn't even know the bomb got defused. But then why is he..." Liana sees Oliver step of the bomb and she says, "Oh, my God. He didn't know. Oliver tried to kill himself." Clark says, "Liana, come on." Clark tries to grab the computer and Liana brushes Clark off, and she widens her eyes at the computer screen when she sees Clark come into the video. Liana looks at Clark with anger in her eyes and she says, "And you knew! How could you keep something this serious from me?" Clark says, "I was trying to protect him." Liana has tears in her eyes and says, "From who? His friends?" Liana walks away and Clark says, "Liana, wait. I didn't think he wanted anyone to know." Liana stops walking and turns to face Clark and she says, "Well, I'm not just anyone. Clark, you lied to me. You lied right to my face. You said everything was fine. No! Nothing about this is fine!" Liana then walks out the room. Later, Liana's on the street and she's on the phone and she says, "When you say close, are you talking feet or zip codes? Look, Mister you're a GPS tracking service. You can probably see me on your satellite, so how much farther down Pepper Spray Lane do I have to go? Never mind. I found it. Thanks." Liana hangs up and walks to a yellow sports car that's Oliver's. A voice says, "If you're not lost, then get that way. I don't like smudge marks on my car." Liana turns to face a woman and she says, "Nice try, Vice City. Go Grand Theft Someone else's Auto. I've sat in that front seat, and I have enough knowledge to know that this car belongs to Oliver Queen." The woman says, "Oh. Well, if you know Oliver... then you know he likes to give gifts. This was one of them. So, I suggest you back off." Liana says, "Sorry, but backing off... not exactly my strong suit. Where's Oliver?" The woman then starts attacking Liana and Liana fights back. Then the woman pulls out a gun and points it at Liana. The woman says, "I prefer to make my own luck."