Chapter 13: Persuasion

Liana and Clark are walking the streets of Metropolis and Liana's writing down everything she needs to write a story about RAO Incorporation

Liana and Clark are walking the streets of Metropolis and Liana's writing down everything she needs to write a story about RAO Incorporation. Clark says, "Liana, maybe we should drop this story?" Liana doesn't look up and says, "Why?" Clark says, "It's Valentine's Day, we should be out having dinner together... by candlelight." Liana sighs and says, "Clark, I haven't had a good Valentine's Day in years and that's because history has proven... that if I embrace V-Day in any romantic wat at all... it always ends in disaster." A voice says, "Valentine for the lady?" They turn around to see a woman dressed up as a fairy and Clark says, "No, thank you. She doesn't really--" Liana walks up to the fairy and says, "Actually... I'd like some." Clark looks at her confused and she says, "Just because I'm not into Valentine's Day doesn't mean I can't eat chocolate." Liana grabs some chocolate and eats one. The fairy smiles and says, "Happy Valentine's Day." The fairy blows some sparkly dust in their faces and Liana walks away with a smiling Clark behind her. They walk into the Daily Planet and Clark says, "Looks like it's too late to follow that story anyway." Liana says, "It's never too late for hard-hitting journalism." Clark says, "Liana, maybe we should put our relationship before out work just for tonight, and--" Liana cuts Clark off and says, "Hold hands? You could come a-courtin' on your horse and buggy. All we need is a chaperone. Sounds mighty traditional." As Liana walks away, Clark grabs her arm and says, "And what's wrong with that? I want... us to have a more traditional relationship." Something changes with Liana's eyes and her whole perspective changes. A voice says, "Lane! The RAO has scheduled a, uh, ribbon-cutting at the solar tower in two days. I'm gonna need the expose now." Clark says, "Two days. Liana, maybe I should check on those building permits that you were talking about and... Y-You wanted to avoid the whole Valentine's Day thing-thing, right?" Liana smiles and says, "Anything for your career, sweetie." Clark smiles and walks away. Liana's in a daydream and Buddy says, "Lane?" Liana looks at Buddy and says, "Here's the scoop, buddy. A traditional woman does not spend her time in the office when she can be at home taking care of her man. I quit." 

"