Chapter 6: Crossfire

Liana and Clark are at Good Morning Metropolis and Clark's helping Liana audition

Liana and Clark are at Good Morning Metropolis and Clark's helping Liana audition. Liana smiles at the camera and says, "Good morning, Metropolis. I'm your host Liana Lane." Liana smiles and she looks at Clark to signal him to speak and he looks at the camera and says, "And I'm your co-host Clark Kent." Liana says, "And we're here to help make the start of your day..." Liana waits for Clark to finish the sentence and he just smiles at the camera. Liana finishes the sentence and says, "...just a little bit brighter. Right, Clark?" Clark says, "Right. A little less brighter." Liana sighs and looks at producer behind the camera and she says, "Could we start over?" The producer says, "No problem. Just, uh, let me know when you're ready." Liana smiles and says, "Great." Liana looks at Clark and she says, "Look, I appreciate you helping me audition. I'm still angry you didn't tell me how badly Oliver was doing. But you're here anyway, so, please don't make me wish you weren't it." Clark says, "It's okay, Liana, just... you don't need to get all worked up like you usually do." Liana says, "I'm only worked up because this happens to be important to me. With newspapers on the endangered species list news television is my one and only backup plan." Clark says, "Don't you think you can be a little less dramatic with this whole thing?" Liana says, "Oh, you could be a little more passionate with this whole thing. Do you even care if I get this job?" Clark's a little insulted and says, "Of course, I care. I bought a new tie." Liana says, "Oh. Well, I bought I a whole new outfit." Clark says, "Yeah, you look great." Liana says, "Don't do that." Clark says, "Do what?" Liana says, "Don't you dare reassure me right now." Clark says, "Liana... I'm only doing this for you. How else am I gonna get that second date?" Liana says, "Well, you shouldn't have hurt me." Then the lights get dimmed and the woman says, "Thanks, guys, that'll do." Liana looks at the producer and says, "Oh, I'm, uh, I'm sorry, we weren't, uh... Really, one more time would be great." The producer says, "That's it for today. What do you say you come in bright and early Monday morning and gave it another whirl? You got the job. Congratulations." Liana smiles and says, "Great. That's awesome." Clark smiles at Liana and says, "I'm so proud of you. I can't wait watch you on TV." The producer says, "Uh, actually, we want both of you." Clark says, "I'm sorry?" Liana looks at Clark and says, "I guess you also got the job too." Clark nervously smiles and says, "Great."