Chapter 12: Warrior

Liana's at a comic convention wearing a stormtrooper costume and a young boy bumps into her and he says, "I'm sorry." Then Liana accidently bumps into Chloe, and she says, "Hey!" Liana takes of the stormtrooper helmet, and she says, "Sorry. I can't see a thing in this helmet." Chloe chuckles and says, "Liana." Liana says, "This isn't exactly what I had in mind when Randall said I gotta be embedded journalist for the day." Chloe hooks arms with Liana and says, "Come on. It shouldn't be hard for Liana Lane to nail down a human-interest piece here." Liana sighs and says, "I can't get anything out of these people. They keep looking at me like I'm from another planet. Which is saying something." Chloe says, "You know, no offense, but that armor doesn't exactly make you Ms. Approachable. Look?" Chloe points out to see girls wearing outfits with little clothing on and Liana sighs and says, "I guess you're right. I need to be more appealing." Chloe nods and says, "Yes, just not to revealing." Liana nods and then Chloe's phone dings and she says, "Oh, sorry." Chloe's checking her messages and Liana says, "Maybe you should take advantage of being immersed in your element. Get your hands off the digital world and on to some... hunky human fantasy for a change. Have a little fun." Chloe givens and says, "Alright." Liana softly smiles and says, "Good. Now, I have to go make a phone call. Promise me you'll stay off your phone." Chloe says, "I promise." Liana smiles and says, "Okay." Liana walks away from Chloe. Later, Liana calls Clark and he says, "Liana." Liana says, "Clark, where are you?" Clark says, "I'm sorry. I'm late. I, uh, just finish stopping some bad guys. I'm on my way now." Liana says, "Oh, good, can you grab something from my place while you're at it? Check in the closet." Clark says, "Sure. What do you need?" Clark speeds over to Liana's apartment and walks in and goes to her closet and opens it and says, "Okay. This is what I got. Some red leather thing." Liana says, "Nope." Clark says, "Salute the flag?" Liana says, "No." Clark says, "There's a garment bag." Liana says, "Yes, bring it." Clark hangs up and speeds over to the comic convention. Later, Liana spots Clark and she walks up to him and says, "Hey, what's with the frown?" Clark says, "I just don't get all this. The colors, the costume. It's like everyone has a popcorn image of what being a hero's all about." Liana says, "It's called a fantasy, Clark. An escape from reality, you know, people here can be anyone they want to be. Look, a costume isn't just about hiding who you are, it's about the... seeing the world in a way that you haven't before. What's your dream? Getting swept away in a little fantasy might do you some good every once in a while." A new voice enters the conversation and says, "Lady's got a point. Without a dash of fantasy, life's just life. And where's the magic in that?" Clark says, "Uh, Zatanna, when did you--" Zatanna cuts Clark off and says, "We need to talk, Clark. Alone." Zatanna looks at Liana and says, "I hope it's okay that I borrow him for a bit." Liana nods and says, "Sure." Clark says, "Liana, Zatanna. Zatanna, Liana." Zatanna then pushes Clark away and Liana slightly frowns when hearing the name Zatanna. Later, Liana's in the men's restroom putting on the outfit and she hears a lot of men groaning and yelling for her to come on out. Liana says, "Sorry! This will on just take a second." Liana then hears Clark say, "Uh, Liana, why are you in the men's bathroom?" Liana says, "Well, the woman's bathroom was extremely long, and I just thought using the men's would be okay, until their started to be a line." Clark says, "Liana." Liana says, "I'm almost done." Liana walks out the bathroom in her costume and all the men are checking her out including Clark.

" Liana walks out the bathroom in her costume and all the men are checking her out including Clark