Chapter 8: Idol

Liana's in a trance and Clark says, "Earth to Liana

Liana's in a trance and Clark says, "Earth to Liana." Liana blinks and looks at Clark and he says, "It's like you've been on another planet for the last 15 minutes." Liana nervously chuckles and says, "I'm just buried in research." Clark says, "When are we gonna talk about what happened?" Liana clears her throat and says, "We can talk about it right now, if you want." Clark nods and says, "How about over coffee since I just accidently spilled mine?" Liana nods with a small smile and says, "Okay." Clark smiles and as they walk away, a man walks up to Liana and says, "Excuse me? Can you help me? I-I need a signature. I got a delivery out back and nobody's in yet." Liana smiles and says, "Sure." Liana signs her name and Liana and Clark go to where the package is and see a large box with a bow on top. Liana grabs a crowbar and Clark says, "Want me to help you with this?" Liana says, "No, I've got it." Liana opens the crate, and they see four men with duct tape on their mouths surrounded by what looks like drugs. Clark says, "Is that..." Liana says, "I don't think it's powdered sugar, Smallville. Liana, Lane "Daily Planet." Care to comment on what illegal activities you've been up to that got you trussed up like a turkey?" Liana takes the duct tape of a man, and he says, "I'm a cop. We're all undercover cops! Our sting went south." Clark says, "Someone must have thought you were the real dealers." Liana says, "Who could be responsible for such a super screw-up?" They then hear someone say, "I think there's something on the building." They go check what all the commotion is outside, and they see Clark's symbol on a building. Liana and Clark go back inside the Daily Planet and Liana says, "Rain check on the coffee date?" Clark nods and says, "Yeah. We need to find out who's using my MO and stop them from trying to save people." Liana nods and says, "Yeah." Randall walks up to Liana and says, "Lane! I need a feature on The Blur's questionable tactics by the end of the day." Clark says, "You don't really think this big news, do you?" Randall says, "Turns out Adrian Pope, the organized crime boss is still on the street because of the Blur's blunder. The DA's out for blood." Liana says, "When is the DA not out for blood? He's just trying to cover up his dirty connections. Listen, I'm not your Blur girl on this one." Randall says, "Just run with it." Randall leaves and Liana sighs. Liana says, "I guess I have no choice, but to do the story. Listen, Clark I'm going to do some investigating to clear The Blur's name." Clark nods and says, "Well, if you find anything call me or meet at Watchtower." Liana nods and walks away.