13

Charlie POV

Watching them eat is priceless.

"Here try this!" Levi jumps up grabbing a banana and breaking off a bite.

"Ummm... wh... wh-at is?" Silas asks making everyone smile. He's trying so hard.

It all started when we first sat down and Silas asked Jay what the chicken dish in front of him was and he told the boy to ask me.

"Wa 's it?" He asked in an attempt at 'what is it?'

Now that Jay left to talk to Alpha Scott he is figuring out the What but completely dropped the it... it's adorable.

"It's a banana. Bu-na-nuh." Theo says grinning as he takes the fruit from his twin. "It's good see?" He eats a piece before handing some to the small boy.

Silas takes the offered fruit and sniffs it before cautiously placing it in his mouth. A smile spreads across his face as he chews.

"Is... g.. good?" He asks coping the word Theo used.

"Yes it's good." He says. Then talks to Lee who translates to Silas.

"Is good." The boy nods agreeing.

"I explained what good means." Theo tells us and we all nod.

"Oh! I wanna get him to try something!" Avery cheers running from the dining room to the kitchen.

"Not now Avey. He's not used to so many flavors it could make him sick." I tell him and he frowns going back to his seat.

The hospital food was bland as was the food on the plane. This is the first time he has really gotten to explore new flavors. Lee seems content to eat what ever so I'm assuming her birth patents let her try other foods. She did tell me the cheese stiffed chicken was yummy. (Through her big brother/ translator Theo)

"How about a movie before bed?" I suggest and they all agree.

Theo is quick to pick up his little sister and run into the other room. Lee giggles the entire way as Silas looks around likely trying to find Jay. Paul is quick to crouch in front of the boy.

"Need a lift?" He asks but Silas obviously didn't understand him.

"P...Paul." The boy says putting a hand to his brother's chest and the older boy nods.

"Paul." He points to himself. "Silas." He points to the boy before gesturing between them. "Brothers."

"Bro-ter." The pup smiles and Paul holds out his hand.

"Piggy back ride?" He asks once Silas takes his hand but the little guy just looks confused.

Paul smiles before spinning around and putting the boys hands on his shoulders.

"Hold tight" he says before lifting Silas onto his back.

The boy quickly grips his brother around the neck as the elder runs off into the living room. I chuckle with a big grin before going to make popcorn.

Silas POV

I didn't know food came in so many flavors! I love trying new things! It was hard when Jay left but everyone helped me learn new words. I know Lee is paying attention to their language too, she probably understands more than me, but she is good at refusing to speak. She would never talk to the people at the orphanage so I'm guessing she won't speak this... English until she trusts our new family.

I like Paul. I may not understand him but he is so loving. I just want to cuddle with him. No one ever cuddles with me but Lee and it's nice to not have to be the one comforting someone younger. I like that my new family will touch me. They hold my hand and give me hugs and kisses on the head... you know the stuff kids with real families get. I like this.

"Ogd lpei!" Levi yells jumping on top of Avery who stumbles to the ground.

"I'm ni!" Theo adds setting Lee on the couch and jumping onto the other two. Lee and I laugh as Paul pulls us away from the danger zone when our brothers come crashing into the couch right next to us.

"Llysi pups." Paul chuckles holding us tight so we don't get trampled. I try to say his word but fail and he smiles down at me.

"Ssssss" Paul hisses and I copy him. "I" He adds before curling his tongue to make the next sound. "Lllll" I copy the movement to make the sound "y"

"Silly!" I say and he pats my head.

"Good job!" That one I know because Jay says it a lot when I get a word right.

"Silly pups!" I repeat what Paul said causing my other brothers to stop.

"Owh you laclgni pup, pup?" Levi asks as they all smirk at me and Paul laughs.

Uh oh.

In a flash they pull me off of Paul's lap and put me at the bottom of their wrestling match but instead of fighting I get tickles. I laugh so hard I can't breath which is about the time mom walks in.

"Etg fof for mhi!" He's yells and the tickling stops. "You ncat hroouusgeh twhi mih!"

Lee is at my side in an instant.

"You okay bub?" She asks.

"Yea, they stopped before it got too bad." I pant still out of breath but happy they included me. "You understand them?" I ask and she shrugs but makes a so-so hand movement.

"Mom's just yelling at them for being mean to you I think... she told them to get off of you then said they can't do something... I guess she said they can't be mean to you." She tells me.

"But they weren't being mean." I argue and she shrugs.

"Mom!" I yell stopping what ever she was still yelling at them. I don't know how to tell her it's okay. That I like them playing with me so I use the word Paul just taught me. "Bro... bro-ters." I tell her before hugging each of them then turning back to her. "Brot-ers." I nod and she smiles.

"Brothers." She agrees.