Acknowledgments

Let’s start off with the person who inspired this series. Reinarry, who did a song called May I Have This Dance? I liked it so much and saw the story that went along with it that I had to write it. I suggest listening to her songs and covers. They’re really good.

I also took some inspiration from a lot of vampire shows and lore, including Supernatural, The Owl House (though that isn’t vampire related in any way as of writing this), and, you can laugh if you want, Twilight. Yeah, yeah, I know. But the world Stephanie Meyer created was amazing, even if the story was subpar. The way I see it, if she focused just a little less on romance and more on story, it would have been better. But, the description and story building was pretty good.

A YouTube channel called Crash Course helped with some of the facts of the Enlightenment period and TED Talk for the stuff about Vampires. I will likely continue to use sources like this while I continue.

Now for the actual people.

Mrs. Reyenalds helped me with some of the medical stuff, though there’s not a lot in this book. Jay Chalk, my economics/government teacher and fellow author, helped me with some advice on how best to pace and write. Then for all the people who test read it, thank you.