𝟐𝟎

𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 :)
-
𝟐 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑
𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐁𝐒

I walked into work and clocked in, i sat at my desk and went through my emails and patient files.

I clicked an email from my boss that titled "URGENT", i briefly read it and got up. i walked over to her office.

i knocked on the door and she allowed me to come in. i went and sat in front of her desk.

"you wanted to see me?"

"yes, i just wanted to talk to you about retirement."

"oh yes we did briefly speak on that when i first found out"

"so, how are you progressing with the cancer?"

"Some days are good, others are bad. Just trying to hold out for as long as i can with the baby and all"

"Yes definitely maternity leave was on the agenda as well"

"I can come back to work right after my maternity leave is over" i suggested

"No, i want you to spend time with your little girl as much as you can. so with that being said, You will have paid maternity leave along with retirement following that ending."

"That's so sweet of you, but are you sure?"

"Of course, you've been my best dental hygienist in the past 25 years of me being a dentist. Your retirement funds will be one million"

"That's way over the limit-"

"No, No. Make sure your baby girl is set for life, thank you Ailani. You're such a strong woman." she said getting up walking around
her desk.

i stood up and hugged her.

"Thank you. Really, I'll let you know what my birthing plans are asap" I said

"Perfect, Now let's go take some wisdom teeth out" she said laughing.

i followed her and got right to work. i did the usual and clocked out at 5.

I drove home and saw Ja pulling up at the same time as me.

"Look at my working lady" he said closing his car door.

"You already know baby." i said doing a spin in my scrubs

"how was work?" he asked walking up to me feeling on my belly

"it was fine, my boss said once we have kaari i could go ahead and retire so we could you know? be parents" i explained

"That sounds relieving, even though i know you loved your job"

"I reallly loved it but where are you coming from? don't you have practice tonight" i asked

"Nah we just had some meeting" he said taking my hand leading me into the house.