𝟐𝟓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄
-
𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐈 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐁𝐒

The rest of the night went by and nothing concerning happened since malik left.

We made it home just in time for kaari's bedtime routine.

"Thank you mommy, we really appreciate it" i said walking up to her holding my hands out for kaari

"of course, any time baby" she said handing her to me.

"hiiiii princess! i missed you" i said talking to kaari kissing her little face

she smiled at me and made noises but as soon as Ja walked up behind me her face lit up.

"yeaaah you see that nani? daddy's girl" she said swiftly grabbing her from me.

"oh alright since you're the favorite you can put her to bed" i said snickering

"nice one bestie" toot said dapping me up. ja rolled his eyes and took kaari upstairs.

"hunnnyyy i am tired, BUT we doing something tomorrow too. you gotta let me do your hair" Toot followed up the stairs

"of course" i smiled.

Mommy got her things together and then i walked her out to her car.

Once she was gone i walked back inside and went upstairs. I walked into our bedroom bathroom seeing Ja giving kaari a bath.

I stood at the door way and watched him brush her hair for a second. i took a picture and tiptoed past them.

i got into bed and put my phone on the charger. i drank out of the bottle of water i had on my nightstand because i felt really thirsty.

i closed it then got under the blankets, snuggled up and closed my eyes. It was a matter of seconds before i was knocked out.

I woke up to ja getting in the bed maybe an hour later.

"hi baby, she went down okay?" i opened up my eyes yawning

"uhh she had some troubles but i just put her down" he said cuddling up with me

"you're the best dad ever Ja you're so patient with her." i said laying my head on his chest.

"i get it all from you baby." he said kissing my head

"are you ready to get back playing next week? i know the team misses you"

"yeah but, family more important"

i nodded and fell back asleep in Ja's arms.
-
In the morning at about 10am we woke up to cries, like we usually did. It was my turn to get up and tend to her so i did just that while Ja went downstairs to the court to hoop with trey.

I assumed toot was still asleep as the only other sounds in the house was the muffled speakers and Princeton in the kitchen cooking

I walked to Kaari's room and went through her closet. I popped a binky in her mouth to help with her hunger, and cleaned up her floor and got her laundry ready.