Chapter 42 1/2

📍Home📍Thanksgiving Ari  "Bae, mama asked if you were still coming over to help finish cooking because she's about to run in a few stores", I heard Dave say as I laid in bed thinking about my mom,"bae, you heard me?", he asked again,"yes I heard ...

📍Home📍
Thanksgiving
Ari
"Bae, mama asked if you were still coming over to help finish cooking because she's about to run in a few stores", I heard Dave say as I laid in bed thinking about my mom,"bae, you heard me?", he asked again,"yes I heard you, tell her I have to go meet somebody then I'll come over", I said as I walked to the bathroom. "Is this still about your mom? Ari I say-", he started to say but I cut him off,"Dave I don't need you or Tae or anybody telling me how to handle my situation with my mom", I semi- yelled","yo you know what you right, but I'm just telling you how it's gone be, you gone meet her and she's gonna tell you all about how she's misses you and wants to meet us then she'll ask for money, but hey you ain't trynna hear shit I gotta say, so ima just leave it alone", he yelled before walking out of our room. I proceeded with my morning routine then threw on some clothes. I walked down stairs to see Kai sitting at the island bar in our kitchen eating cereal,"hi baby", I rubbed her head before she kissed my lips,"hii", she replied before continuing to eat,"hey not that you care,but JD wanted to meet up with me before we have dinner later on today so I'll take Kai with me", Dave said as he grabbed Kairi and walked up the stairs,"I do care Dave, I'm just having a hard time about this situation", I frown,"yeah, well me too you kinda being a asshole when it's clear as day that she just want one thing: to waste your fucking time yo", he replied before returning to the steps.
I grabbed my keys and wiped a falling tear from my cheek before walking out the door and then to my car. Last night Shandra reached out to me saying how we needed to talk and catch up, and I can honestly say I'm all for talking but it ain't shi to catch up on she's missed so much of my life anyway. Tae said she lived down the street, so that could only mean one place where she could be staying, The Boundaries Garden Projects, those projects were beat up bad but there were no other homes near our plaza so.
~5 minutes later~
  I pulled up and parked in front of building 3 before getting out my car and taking a deep breath. "You got this Ari", I said to myself as I walked up a flight of stairs, before I knew it I was staring at a door with the number "310" labeled on it,"come on in baby", I heard her say before I could even knock. I opened the door and inside was just a table with a silver spoon and pictures of me and Kingston laid out on it. "Hey my baby, can I hug you?", she asked as she smiled from ear to ear, I stuck my arms out before feeling myself get teary eyed,"ohh it's okay baby, I'm here, I'm here now", she said as she wiped my tears and moved my hair out of my face. "You want something to drink we got koolaid, water , I got something in here for you to sip on", she said as she rammed through the empty refrigerator,"I'm fine , I'm okay, can we talk?", I asked before she turned around to face me slowly.
   "Before you say anything Ariana, I'm so sorry I really am sorry for all these years, i feel like I've missed out on so much", she said while fidgeting with her fingers,"that's because you have", I replied,"I know and again I'm sorry, have you talked to your brother? I wanna see him too, I haven't seen him either", "Shandra", I said as tears fell from my eyes,"please call me mom", she said smiling,"Kingston uh died when I was little, remember?", I asked,"noo he's not dead, he's alive I think I could remember if my only son was alive or dead Ariana", she stated before laughing. "Well he died while walking home from school", I said as she stood there confused,"fuck it I knew this was all a bad idea, I think I should leave", I said as I walked to her door,"wait Ariana, please I wanna be in your life again, I'm clean and and I'm not on that shit no more", she said as she tried hiding the silver spoon that was on the table, but I had already saw it,"How many kids do you have?", I asked,"what?", she questioned ,"HOW..MANY..KIDS..DO YOU HAVE?", I asked now raising my voice,"two , a boy and a girl , I have a boy and a girl", she replied as tears fell from her cheeks,"WRONG, you have two daughters and a son, but hey you probably didn't even remember giving birth to Asia, do you?", I asked,"I-I I do, she was born at Grady-", she started to say,"WRONG, Gotham Memorial hospital, 7 FUCKING POUNDS AND 11 OUNCES SHANDRA, do you know when she was born?", I asked while stepping towards her slowly,"June-","wrong, July 8th", I replied interrupting her. "That's fucking sad , you can't even remember having 3 kids and you want me to sit her and believe your clean, you know you don't get to abandon your kids and then just decide you wanna be back in our lives", I stated as she looked down at the busted up floor,"you are not her mother, I AM", she raised her voice,"yeah that may be true but I was raising her like she was mine, at just a young age, I kept clothes on her back, I made sure we had a roof over our heads and I was there when she got her first period, NOT YOU", I yelled as tears rushed my eyes." But since you wanted to catch up so bad let me catch you up, well in the 5th grade Asia was class president, in middle school she was top of her class , STILL IS and she did all that shit no thanks to you", I stated,"Ariana I thank you for that, I do but I'm here now, let me make it up for all these years", she said as she tried to touch my face but I backed up,"IT'S TOO LATE SHANDRA", I replied. "Asia has been going through hell, but me and my boyfriend handled it because that's what we do for the people we love unlike YOU", I yelled the last part. "I'm done, I don't want anything to do with you, I went off on my boyfriend and my bestfriend all because I had some hope that you'd change, god how could I be so stupid", I stated,"well you may not want anything to do with me but I'm sure my other little girl does", she said as she walked to her room,"she doesn't want shit to do with you, I guarantee that", I stated as I followed behind her. "You know what Ariana GET THE FUCK OUT, I DONT NEED TO HEAR THIS SHIT, I DONT NEED TO TAKE YOUR DISRESPECT IN MY OWN FUCKING HOUSE", she yelled,"gladly, stay away from my shop, my family, and my daddy he's definitely not gone want shit to do with yo drug attic ass", I stated as I walked down the steps,"WAITT Ariana I need money, just a little then I'll leave you alone for good , I swear", she plead as I stood at my car door,"Shandra go to hell", and with that I got in my car and drove off...