4

Lily

It had been almost four weeks since Lily and Remus's conversation in the library, and against all odds it seemed as though James Potter actually had listened when Remus had told him not to ask Lily out.

Even though Lily wouldn't admit it to anyone, she actually missed the attention. Many times she had found her self watching the four boys, and then especially James. She didn't know why, or, at least she didn't want to know why, though still there was a little voice inside her who told her that she had feelings for him, a voice that told her to go up to him, to hug him, to kiss him, a voice that she tried not to hear.

The first weekend of November had come and today was a Hogsmeade day. Lily was of course going with her friends, but she couldn't help looking over towards the marauders, just to see whether James had some other girl to go with. He hadn't. He was going with his friends and a girl from sixth year called Ashley Stanton who Lily knew liked Sirius.

It was a wonderful day, a perfect day for a Hogsmeade trip. Lily and her friends started to walk towards the village together with all the other students. Alice was talking about the letter Frank had sent her.

'It was so cute,' she said and looked dreamily at her friends. 'He asked me to come home to him during our next Holliday. He told me that he had a surprise. Oh I can't wait to get to know what it is! So... where should we go?'

The girls stopped and looked around for a second. 'I would really like a butter beer,' Lily said.

'Yeah, me too,' Mary agreed. 'Though I need a new quill. Lily, d'you think that you could hold a table, just in case it's full. We'll be back any minute.'

'Yeah, sure,' Lily said and walked in to the three broomsticks. It was indeed very packed, but still it didn't take too long for Lily to find a table. She sat down in the back of the pub and started to wait for her friends. Not long after she sat down five persons came up to her and two of them sat down around the table.

'How nice of you to hold a table Evans!' Sirius Black said. Peter sat next to him. To Lily's surprise James didn't sit down. He stayed right behind Remus, looking as though he really wasn't in the mood for a butter beer.

'Lets find another table,' he said and looked around the room. For some reason Lily felt sad when he said that. As though she wanted him to sit down with her.

'There is no other table,' Black said and sighed at his friend's stupidity. Then he turned to Lily. 'Evans, is it Ok if we sit here?'

'Um...' Lily said. 'Well... my friends... but if there is no other table... ok, I guess.'

'Thank you, now James, Ashley and Remus, sit down.'

Remus, Ashley and James sat down and Sirius smiled. 'So, how nice to meet you here,' he said to Lily. She smiled shortly. She just wished that James would look at her instead of his own hands.

'So, what are you doing here all alone?' Remus asked. 'I mean, it looks slightly sad.'

'Oh I'm here with my friends. They should buy a quill and I said that I could hold a table while they were gone.'

'Oh,' Ashley said. 'Then maybe we should go, I mean if your friends come soon and-'

'No no,' Lily interrupted. 'You can sit here, there's no problem.' She smiled at them. Just a few weeks ago she would have been angry if they had sat down at her table, but now she didn't really care. The only thing she wanted was for James to stop looking so sad, for him to speak to her. 'So... have you been to any shop yet or did you come here the first thing you did?'