14

James

It had been very awkward. The common room had been empty when Lily and James entered it, and for a while the had just been standing there, smiling awkwardly at each other. Nothing had happened down in the common room, not even a hug, just a weird awkward silence, then she had said goodbye and left.

James had looked at her as her beautiful red hair danced behind her when she hurried up the stairs to the girls' dormitory, and he had smiled, wondering how he ever could have been mad at her.

James smiled as he walked up the stairs to the boys' dorm. It had been a wonderful night, but even though that, all he wanted right now was sleep. He opened the door and just as he had expected, all his friends were still up, talking about everything that had happened.

'Hey Prongs!' Sirius greeted him when James entered the room. 'We were beginning to worry. So, what happened. Moony told me you ran away after Evans.'

'Yeah,' James nodded. 'Yeah, we're friends again. I didn't come back earlier because the fat lady decided to leave her portray and visit Violet. I mean really! I absolutely think she dislikes me.'

'Well of course she does,' Sirius said with a shrug. 'I'm positive that she hates all of us. I mean, we're waking her up in the middle if the night quite often, and who would like that?'

'I guess you're right,' James said and messed up his hair. 'So, what'd you and Ashley do then?'

'They kissed!' Peter said and smiled widely. 'They kissed in the moonlight!'

'I did not say that!' Sirius blurted out angrily.

'Yes Peter,' Remus agreed. 'We still don't know about the moonlight thing. Maybe they kissed in the corridor.'

'Maybe, we didn't kiss at all!'

'They did kiss,' Peter said to James and smiled. 'See, we asked him and he blushed like a... a... I dunno, a really red thing.'

'A tomato?' Remus suggested.

'Nah, more like Evans hair,' Peter said and smiled again. 'Love is in the air, Prongs.'

'Well,' Sirius then said. 'There's something between Moony and his girl too.'

'I have told you a hundred if times!' Remus said angrily. 'There is nothing but air between me and Erin, and even if there was, it wouldn't work.'

'Oh yeah? Why not?' Sirius asked.

Remus answered by giving his friend an angry look, and they all understood why and that it was something Remus didn't want to talk about. James quickly changed the subject.

'So,' he said. 'What did Mary say when I left her for Lily?'

'Well,' Peter said. 'She did look slightly hurt. You know, because she likes you and you broke heart by running after Evans, but then she walked up to the girls' dorm, so we can't be sure what happened later.'

'Probably crying her eyes out right now,' Remus muttered.

'Thanks for that Moony,' James said sarcastically and rolled his eyes. 'Now I feel much better for just leaving her like that.'

'I thought you hated her,' Sirius said and yawned tiredly.

'Yeah, thanks for reminding me.' James grinned. 'I do hate her and I don't feel bad at all. Merlin, what would I do without you Sirius old pal?'

'Well at first,' Sirius said, also grinning. 'You wouldn't be able to be charming or flirt with girls without me, so if you against all odds would get a date, you would be really mean, without knowing of course, and the girl would get so angry that she would kill you. Let's just say that you owe me your life.'

'It's not like it's been going very well with James and his girls anyway,' Peter muttered with a laugh. 'Or should I maybe say girl.'

'Oh don't make me laugh Wormtail,' James said and gave Peter an angry glare. 'It's not really like you've had lots of girlfriends either. Besides I could get one whenever I want to, because who wouldn't want to date the head boy and quidditch captain, huh?'

'Evans for example,' Remus said, also he receiving an angry glare from James.

'You know,' James said. 'I can tell you that me and Lily'll be going together to the next Hogsmeade trip, without any of you guys to mess it all up. Besides, the only reason I haven't had a lot of girlfriends in my days as super handsome and cool marauder is because I'm not a heartbreaker like Sirius here.'

'You've actually got a point there,' Remus agreed and nodded. 'I bet he will have dumped Ashley in just a few weeks.'

'One galleon on that they only last one week from now,' James muttered to Remus who smiled and nodded.

'We're not even together!' Sirius yelled, though James knew that he wasn't angry.

'Then Peter can walk up to Ashley with his cute-puppy-face and ask her if you guys can get together,' James suggested.

'I don't have a cute-puppy-face!' Peter argued. 'Moony can do it!'

'No one'll do it!' Sirius groaned and pulled the hangings on his four-poster bed shut.

'But you can't admit you don't love her,' James teased.

'I won't admit nothing,' Sirius muttered from behind his hangings.

'Which means that you will admit something,' Remus pointed out. 'If you won't admit nothing you-'

'Oh shut up Moony!'

Remus picked up a book and opened it before he muttered, 'Just saying,' under his breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I know this chapter wasn't awesome but I only did it because I didn't want to have three Lily chapters in a row:)