23

James

'Finally!' James sighed happily as he, Lily, Sirius, Ashley, Remus and Peter walked out of the castle to the sunny grounds outside. 'I can't believe that our N.E.W.Ts finally are over! I could sing!'

'Please, don't,' Sirius advised him with a grin on his face. 'We don't want you to ruin everyone's ears, do we?'

This didn't make James less happy at all, he merely laughed. He had been much happier the past two weeks. Of course he was really sad that his father had died, but it didn't make anything better to go around and feel sad all the time. It was much better to press away the sad feeling as much as it was possible, and live a pretty happy life instead.

Ashley had caught up with them just outside the great hall, boiling with anger. She had told them about a very snobby and spoiled Ravenclaw boy who obviously had makes her practical charms exam become a disaster, because he had distracted her. She had told everyone who wanted to know, that she was planning to put dung bombs in his trunk someday soon.

'Ashley, I really don't think it's a very good idea,' Lily said, though with a smile on her face. 'What if you get caught? How would you get inside the Ravenclaw common room anyway?

'Oh that's easy peasy, you just answer a riddle. And I don't care if I get caught. That Ravenclaw prat'll get a taste of his own medicine. Lily, d'you want to help?'

'I think I'll pass,' Lily said quickly. They reached a big tree by the lake, which they sat down under.

'Ok, then can you stand outside the Ravenclaw boys' dorm and yell if someone comes?'

'That is helping,' Lily said, laughing.

'I know,' Ashley said. 'But it's very mild kind if helping. No one would suspect you at all... or maybe they would... I mean, a Gryffindor girl in the Ravenclaw common room, yelling that someone is coming is probably quite suspicious.'

'Exactly!' Lily said and nodded quickly. 'By the way, isn't it pretty mean to put dung bombs in his trunk just because he distracted you a bit. Maybe he didn't even do it on purpose.'

Ashley sighed and shook her head slowly. 'Lily, Lily, Lily,' she said in a very wise voice. 'Of course it's not mean, it's just good old fun. By the way, I've been hating him far ages because he's such an stuck up prat, so I've been waiting for a moment to do something "mean" as you call it, towards him. Now Lily, don't. You. Dare. Spoil my chance.'

Lily grinned.

Remus had picked up a paper from his bag and changed the subject completely. 'Do you want to go through the questions from the test?' he asked with a gesture towards the paper.

'No no no!' James said directly. 'Don't you even dare destroy this beautiful afternoon by reading through the questions. No way.'

'But I really want to,' Remus nagged. 'Come on, it'll be quick.'

'Let's vote!' Peter suggested. 'Tjise in favor of going through the questions...' Remus and Lily put their hands in the air. 'Well, it's pretty clear that you lose. You're only two and we a-'

Peter was cut of by James, who had clasped his hand over his mouth with a look of terror in his face. 'Lily!' he gasped. 'You traitor! Are you siding with... Remus?!'

'Yes. Yes I most certainly am,' Lily said, 'I'm dead serious.'

Sirius looked up quickly. 'Is that supposed to be some sort of threat? Dead Sirius! That is simply evil!'

'Oh for Godric's sake Sirius,' James groaned. 'That joke is way too old. It was passé ages ago! If you use it again I don't know what I'll do, I'm serious!'

They both looked at each other for a moment before they started laughing. Lily sighed, Ashley grinned, Peter looked as though he hadn't really got the joke and Remus just sighed and began to look through the test's questions alone.

'Hey!' James then said and stopped laughing. 'Sorry, Ashley! When Remus came with his very stupid idea about going through the questions, we forgot about your problem completely.' He made some sort of bow and said with a posh voice: 'I beg your forgiveness miss... er... Ashley'

'Her last name's Stanton, if you wondered,' Lily whispered to James with an amused smile on her face.

James snorted. 'I knew that all along! So, now, who's the boy who need to be revenged? I would be delighted to help. In fact,' he looked around at his friends. 'We all would be.'

Remus looked up quickly from his paper. 'Now wait just a second,' he said. 'I'm not sure I-'

'Don't be a joy killer, Remus,' James said warningly. 'You know, you're the only who keeps us from laughing all the time. You're in the revenge team, no matter you want it or not.'

'And Peter's the one who makes us laugh,' Sirius said with an evil grin. 'Because of his face. Peter also have to be in the team.'

'Hey!' Peter argued. 'My face don't make people laugh!

'Oh, and Lily have to join!' Ashley said. 'Simply because she doesn't want to.'

Lily sighed, but really, she was smiling.

'Now,' James said and lowered his voice to a whisper. 'Let's plot the revenge.'

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>>

As usual I hope you liked the chapter :) please review!