25

Lily

In two hour they would all be on their way home from Hogwarts, in two hours Lily would leave Hogwarts together with all the other students, and her seventh year, her final year would be over. Never again would she walk through the long, stone corridors, never again would she eat breakfast in the great hall, never again would she wake up in the four poster bed in the girls' dormitory. It all felt empty.

She had packed the previous day, so she had really nothing to do. She sat on her bed, watching her friends pack, not feeling sure what to do. She wondered whether she could be any help, but it didn't look like it, so after a while she left. She walked down to the Gryffindor common room which was pretty empty, since most students were making sure everything was packed and finished. She looked up the stairs towards the boys' dormitories and thought that maybe she could go visit her friends.

She walked up the spiral staircase and nocked three times on the door. Nothing happened, though she could hear people inside, some of them laughing, some of them yelling. Lily opened the door slowly and looked inside. It was a real mess. Clothes were lying everywhere, and Remus seemed to be sure that Sirius had taken his book.

'Sirius, give it back now! It's not funny,' he said angrily, though Sirius only laughed.

Peter was crawling under his bed, while James, who wasn't wearing his glasses, looked through his trunk, scratching his neck in a confused way, over and over again. No one saw Lily, so she coughed her throat.

They all stopped with what they were doing and looked at her. A loud DUNK followed by an "Ow!" could be heard from under Peter's bed, before he crawled out, rubbing the top of his head.

'Hey, Lily!' James said and smiled happily as he messed up his hair. 'How nice to see you here! Talking about seeing, you don't have any idea where my glasses are, have you?'

'You've lost them?' Lily asked and looked around the room. 'Why don't you just summon them, or have you lost your wand too?'

'No I haven't, but I can't summon them. See, in fourth grade when we learned about the summoning charm, these nice gentlemen,' he made a gesture towards his friends, 'especially dear Sirius, seemed to think that it was very fun to summon my glasses from me, which, after a while, started to get really annoying. Therefor I put a charm on them, making it impossible to summon them. I kinda regret it now.'

'Yeah, I understand you do,' Lily said and nodded slowly. She bent down and lifted a dusty cloak from the floor, just in case the glasses would lay under it. 'So ... er ... when was the last time you saw them?'

'Well, I had them during breakfast, then I took a shower, then they were-'

He was cut of my Ashley who suddenly came into the room with an angry expression in her face. 'Ok, who of you've taken my clock? Mum's gonna kill me if it's gone.'

'You're clock's gone?' Lily says with a suspicious look on her face. 'So's James' glasses and one of Remus' books.'

'And my dressrobe,' Peter said. 'I have no idea where it can be. It was in my trunk last time I checked.'

'Weird,' Lily said and smiled. 'Sirius hasn't lost anything.'

Sirius grinned. 'How about you, Lily?' he said. 'You've list anything? No? It's probably Lily guys.'

'I don't care who it is,' James said angrily and threw down everything in his trunk on the floor to see if his glasses for some reason lay on the bottom of it. They didn't. 'I just want to get my glasses back. I get a headache without them, and my eyesight is far from the best. I kind of need them.'

Sirius was staring at Lily, who was staring back at him, trying to make him to confess that he was guilty, because she was sure it was him, then suddenly an idea flashed up in her mind.

'Hey, James?' she said and smiled evilly. 'Do you know whether Sirius is ticklish or not?'

James smiled too. 'In fact I think he is,' he said and sat down on his bed.

Lily picked up her wand and pointed it at Sirius. 'Rictumsempra,' she said.

Sirius fell to the floor, roaring with laughter. 'Stop... haha... I'll tell you... hahaha ...STOP!'

Lily stopped and smiled. Ashley was laughing, receiving angry glares from Sirius. James had yelled out a "Ha!". Peter was looking highly entertained though Remus only smiled slightly.

'Was it you?' Lily asked sternly, in a voice that was unpleasantly like the one McGonagall used if one had forgotten to hand in an essay. 'Are you guilty?'

'I'll answer in a riddle, let's s -'

But he was cut of by Ashley who groaned loudly. 'Oh for Godric's sake! Screw the bloody riddles, I've had enough of them already. Just tell us where the things are.'

Twenty minutes later, when all the things were back and James had finished packing, he and Lily was strolling around the grounds of Hogwarts. It was very hot outside, and Lily was surprised that there wasn't more students outside.

They reached the tree by the lake, the tree they always sat under. So many afternoons they had spent there, and now, they would never do it again. James was looking on the sparkling, beautiful water. Lily wondered what he was thinking about.

Then he suddenly turned around and took one of her hands. 'Lily,' he said and smiled slightly. 'I really, really love you, more than anything else.'

'I love you too James,' Lily said and smiled back at him. 'Don't you think it feels weird, leaving all this. Maybe we'll never come back again. I'll miss it, you know. But of course, things'll be good away from here too.'

James nodded. 'I was actually thinking about that,' he said. 'Of course I understand if you don't want to, but I thought that... maybe... that we could find a place together, you know.'

Lily smiled even wider. Suddenly her whole inside felt warm and fluffy, wonderful. 'That would be amazing!' she said and she kissed him and he kissed her back, and it felt as though nothing could be better, as though everything was perfect.

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

Next chapter'll be the last! Now, I would like to thank everyone for reading and commenting and liking. I love you all so much!