8

James

'Well it's too late!' James yelled and turned away before she could see the tears in his eyes. He walked as quickly as he could because he didn't want Lily to come up to him again. How could she believe that he wouldn't be mad, that she hadn't hurt his feelings? She was stupid and mean and he hated her!

He walked up the seven stone steps and through the portray hole. He didn't stop to say hi to his friends, he just walked strait up to the dormitory and lay down on his bed. He didn't bother to play nice and cool any longer. He was crying but he didn't care because at the moment it felt as though his heart was broken. He wanted to scream and to punch things, but he didn't do that. He just lay in his bed and stared out through the window.

After a while the door was pushed open and Remus, Sirius and Peter entered the room. They didn't say anything at first, though James could feel their eyes staring at him.

'James,' Sirius finally said very seriously. 'Are you sure you don't want me to beat her up?'

'Shut up Sirius!' Remus hissed. 'It's not like it would help in any possible way!'

'How do you know?' Sirius asked. 'Maybe it would help really much. Maybe she just needs a little bit of punching on her to be a good human.'

'Violence is never the solution!'

'Violence is sometimes the solution!'

'What if she gets really hurt?!'

'Well, isn't that kind of the point? Stupid.'

'Well I'm not in.'

'Maybe we don't want you in.'

'I'm a prefect. I could give you detention.'

'James' a head boy. He could give you detention.'

'I can still give you detention.'

'Do you even know how boring you are Moony? Have someone ever told you that a match in boringness between you and professor Binns wouldn't work because you've both got the exactly same amount of boringness inside of you. 99.999991% of your bodies, if you felt like you wanted to know how much.'

'What happened James?' Peter asked to change the subject. 'If you tell us, maybe it'll feel better.'

James couldn't help but smile at Peter's innocence. At times he really was the most adult one in their group. He sat up and wiped his eyes. Peter was probably right.

All his friends smiled sadly at him, as though they understood exactly how he felt. Something that they probably didn't, but it still meant a lot that they cared so much about him. He smiled back at them.

'Well,' James started. He had no idea how to tell them everything that had happened, but he felt like he wanted to because he didn't want to hide anything from them. 'Well she followed me out... and she ran up to me. She went on about how sorry she was and that she wanted to be my friend... and I yelled at her. I told her that it was too late and so. Then I walked away.' He looked at his hands. Suddenly everything felt so stupid. He really regretted what he had yelled, but it was too late to regret that now.

'She deserved it,' Sirius said and the others agreed fully, though James wasn't sure what he thought anymore.

'But I think that I still love her,' he said and buried his face in his hands.

Peter patted him on the back. 'You two just need some time apart,' he said, and James was sure that Peter was right. In a few days everything would be good again.

...

The next morning James didn't give Lily a single look during breakfast. He had promised himself to stay away from her and he would keep that promise, no matter what.

'Won't you eat anything Prongs?' Remus asked as he took another toast.

James wasn't hungry at all and besides he was too busy trying not to look at Lily to eat something. 'I'm not hungry,' he said and looked down at his empty plate. 'Let's go to transfiguration.'

'I'm still hungry!' Peter whined but James had already started to walk towards the exit of the great hall.

His friends caught up with him a few moments later. 'You could have waited you know,' Sirius said, sounding a bit annoyed. 'Now poor little Peter's still hungry, all because of you.'

'Well poor little Peter isn't your problem is he?' James answered.

'No, he's actually not. Thanks for reminding me mate. No offense Wormtail, but I actually don't care if you're hungry.'

'That's mean,' Peter muttered.

'But we don't care because you're not our problem.'

'But I'm hungry.'

'But we don't care.'

'You're just playing plain rude now.'

'You're right,' Sirius said and put an arm around Peter. 'I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. We do care about you. You're like, like a little mosquito who just won't leave us alone.'

'Hey! That's not really a compliment!'

'But we don't car- OUCH! Why d'you do that Moony!' Sirius turned around and looked angrily at Remus who had just hit him in the head with his transfiguration book. 'D'you even know how mean you've become? First you kiss Evans, them you hit me, then you tell Peter that he can't finish his breakfast because we have to follow James and then you hit me again!'

'I did not kiss Lily!' Remus said angrily.

'Yeah right,' Sirius grinned. 'Then what did you do?'

It wasn't really a fun lesson, though it wasn't boring either. They should work two and two and change each other's appearance so that the partner looked like the description they received said that he or she should look.

Of course James and Sirius got bored quite quickly and decided that instructions were for dorks, they used their own creativity instead. In the end of the lesson James had a really handsome mustache and some sort of askew looking afro and Sirius suddenly had a very big nose and longer eyelashes than anyone should have.

'Before you go I would like to tell you something!' McGonagall called out as everyone had started to pack away their books, quills and ink. Everyone looked up and McGonagall cleared her throat. 'A ball will be held on Christmas Eve. It will only be for fifth year students and older, but if you want to, you are allowed to invite a younger student. The ball is not something that you have to attend, but it's a chance to... have some fun. That was it, of you go!'

~~~~~~~~

I think that the first part was much better than the last one of this chapter but that's my opinion:) what do you think? Review and everything like that.

Oh, and if you for some reason thought that I own all this, you are wrong. It all belongs to J.K. Rowling!