6

James

The clock had just turned seven which meant that the library had opened. Lily had told James that she had to go to the library, that they would see each other soon, so James had nothing against going back the boys' dormitory.

He hadn't stopped smiling ever since Lily had kissed him. After all those years of trying to get her to like him, it was actually she who had kissed him and not the other way around. James felt amazing, wonderful, super, there wasn't even words for how great he felt right now. The common room wasn't empty anymore when he walked through it and up the spiral staircase. He opened the door to the dorm and found all his friends already awake.

'Where have you been?' Sirius asked the moment James stepped inside. 'We woke up and you and Lily were gone, where have you been?'

'What's happened,' Remus asked curiously when he saw the smile that was impossible to hide. 'We woke up and you and Lily were gone.'

'Oh nothing,' James shrugged but the smile stayed.

'We can see something's happened. Did she say yes when you asked her out?'

'I didn't ask her out,' James answered. Slowly Sirius started to smile too.

'You kissed!' he yelled and stood up from his bed. He started to dance some sort if happy-dance and James really felt the urge to join in, so he did, and they danced there in the middle of the dorm for a second or two.

'So you did kiss?' Peter asked curiously. 'Like, a real kiss.'

'No it was a fake-kiss,' James said sarcastically. 'Of course it was a real kiss. She's in the library now.'

'Probably looking for books about kissing methods,' Sirius said, sounding completely sure that he was right.

'Kissing methods?' James asked skeptically.

'Kissing methods,' Sirius repeated. 'So that she'll be a better kisser.'

'She was a good kisser. Do they even have books about kissing methods in the library?'

'Of course they have,' Sirius answered. 'Lots of them probably.'

'So... have you been looking for them?'

'So what if I have Prongs sweetie?'

'Oh nothing Pady-pumpkin.'

'Let's go down for breakfast,' Remus said and smiled at James and Sirius' silliness.

They walked down to the great hall and James had to admit that he got a bit disappointed when he didn't see Lily on the way. James had imagined that they would walk to the Gryffindor table, hand in hand, and people would smile and Sirius would wolf whistle and everything would just be wonderful, but since they didn't meet her they just sat down on the edge of the Gryffindor table like they always did.

'So,' Sirius said and looked around the great hall. 'Is Lily still in the library. Looking for kissing methods?'

'Ye- I mean no, or... I mean she's probably in the library but she' not looking for kissing methods!'

Remus sighed and scratched his neck. 'Look! There she comes!' he said suddenly and pointed to the entrance to the great hall.

He wasn't lying. The beautiful girl of James dreams had entered the great hall, but for some reason she didn't sit down next to them. James looked choked at her. She had sat down at the other edge of the table and picked up a book.

'Maybe she just didn't see you,' Peter suggested.

James nodded. That must be it. He stood up on his chair and yelled. 'Hey Lily!'

Lily looked up from her book and for a split second he green eyes met his hazel, but this time they weren't filled with love like they had been down by the lake. She quickly looked down in her book again and James sat down. A few people laughed but Jams didn't care about that. The only reason why his hart was broken was because Lily Evans, the girl of his dreams, had just looked at him in the way she had always done before. In the way that said "screw of Potter".

James sank down on his chair, suddenly not hungry at all. 'Are you completely sure that you kissed?' Sirius asked with a grin on his face.

James stood up and left the great hall. He didn't understand. Why in the world had she kissed him if she anyway would continue hating him afterwards. Everything was just a mess. James had thought that she had finally started to love him, but now he wasn't so sure anymore. Not sure at all.

He wanted to be alone. He didn't want Remus to be sorry for him or Peter to pat his back or Sirius to beat Lily up. He wanted to be alone with his thoughts and he wanted to understand what he had done wrong. Therefor he went to the statue of the one-eyed witch.

The tunnel behind it was a great hiding place and since it was Sunday he would be able to sit there all day long. The tunnel was dark, but at the moment darkness was perfect. Darkness was the thing he had been looking for actually.

He sat down on the cold, hard floor with his knees under his chin and his back resting against the stone wall.

He couldn't really admit that he hadn't thought that his friends would find him. After all, the marauders' map was the greatest thing to have when one if your friends were missing. James was pretty sure that they had known where he was hiding hours before they actually showed up.

The three boys smiled sadly at James as they entered the tunnel and sat down around him. It was all a bit weird. They were four boys, sitting in a tunnel in the dark, not saying a word. But just in the moment, when they were sitting four boys in a dark tunnel completely silent it felt right in every little way. It was just afterwards it felt a bit weird.

After the moment of silent, which didn't feel awkward at all, Remus was the first one to speak. 'I'm sorry for you,' he said and Peter patted James on the back.

'Do you want me to beat her up?' Sirius asked, but James just shook his head.

At the moment everything felt as right as something could get, but later they would think of it as the most awkward moment of their lives.

~~~~~~~~~

Review! I hope you liked the chapter and I'm sorry that it's shorter than usual.