19

James

It was now official that Lily and James were a couple. When Lily and James had walked into the great hall one morning, holding hands, people had cheered and wolf whistled. Lily had blushed furiously and felt really embarrassed, but James had bowed and grinned, because of course he had loved the attention.

It was now only two months until the end of June, which to Lily, James, Remus, Sirius and all the other seventh year students two months filled with studying.

Lily was very nervous all the time, probably because of the N.E.W.T tests, that would start the next month, but Remus was, if possible, even more nervous. James and Sirius wasn't nervous at all because, as they said, "they knew it all already", and Peter had kind of given up. Ashley was pretty chill because she didn't have to take her N.E.W.Ts until next year.

The clock was a few minutes passed eleven and it was pitch dark outside. Ashley had gone to bed about ten minutes ago, so except for James, Lily, Remus, Peter and Sirius, the common room was now empty. James was sitting in the couch, feeling rather pleased with himself, because resting against his shoulder was his beautiful girlfriend, Lily Evans. She was reading a book about different potions, with a quite tired expression on her face.

Sirius was making paper planes and then threw them across the room, or, maybe mostly, at Peter.

Peter was reading through Remus' notes, but James was pretty sure that whatever Remus had written, it all went in through one of Peter's ears and out through the other.

Remus looked very tired and had big bags under his eyes. The full moon was in just a few days and Remus was having headaches all the time, but that did absolutely not stop him from studying. He seemed to be reading all the time. He kept saying that he had to get better grades, why James didn't know, because Remus already had great grades.

When the clock turned half past eleven and Remus read up the twelve uses of dragon blood for the seventh time that evening Sirius groaned loudly.

'Moony,' he said in a warningly tone, 'if you mention dragon blood one more time, I swear that I'll turn you into a mushroom.'

'I'm sure you'd be a very handsome mushroom, now that I think about it,' James said, very seriously.

'Wonder if you'd still turn into a werewolf once a month if you were a mushroom,' Peter said.

Lily sat bolt right up and stared from Peter to Remus to Peter again.

Then a lot if things happened at the same time:
Peter clasped his hand over his mouth, Lily gasped, 'Are you a werewolf!' James laughed way much louder than what was normal and said, 'Oh, Wormtail! What a funny joke!' Sirius stared at Peter for a while before he said, 'You idiot!' to him, and Remus rose up and rushed out of the room.

They all stared after him. Silence filled the room until Lily said quietly, 'Is he really, really a werewolf?'

'You can never keep your mouth shut, can you?' James said angrily to Peter. 'Come on Sirius, we gotta go find him.'

Sirius followed James out of the portrait hole to the black castle.

'We'll never be able to find him,' Sirius said. 'Wait here, I'll go get the map.'

A few minutes later he came back, holding the marauder's map in his hands and staring at it. He stopped next to James and they took a moment to just look after their friend.

'There!' James then said and pointed at a corridor not too far from where they were now.

They hurried through the dark corridors. They drew nearer and nearer the dot labeled Remus Lupin, and then they saw his dark silhouette, a few meters ahead of them.

'Remus!' James said in a loud whisper. 'Remus wait!'

Remus stopped and turned around. 'I want to be alone,' he said, his voice shaking.

'Well we want to be with you,' Sirius said. 'Just face it mate, you'll never be able to be alone when we're alive.'

'Come on, Remy,' James said, 'let's go back to the common room.'

'Yeah,' Sirius agreed, 'and bully Peter.'

Remus shook his head. 'No,' he said simply. 'You can go back if you want to, I'll go to the library or something, I need to study.'

'Remus!' Sirius groaned. 'You study all the bloody time, get a rest. You'll get good grades even if you don't study you know.'

'You don't understand, ok?' Remus said, his voice trembling again, as though he was close to tears. 'You don't understand how it is, being a... a werewolf. '

'No, we don't,' James said. 'But you won't stop being a werewolf, no matter how much you stu-'

'I know,' Remus snapped. 'But I need top grades to get a job after Hogwarts. No one would want to hire a werewolf, but maybe, If I get really god grades I'll be able to live somewhere else than at the dump.'

'That's a stupid way of thinking,' Sirius said. 'Anyone who isn't an idiot wouldn't have anything against employing you.'

There was a moment if silence.

'I'm sorry, James,' Remus then said.

James looked confused at him. 'What are you talking about?' he asked. 'Sorry for what? For being a werewolf?'

'If... if Lily doesn't love you anymore because... because of me, I'll absolutely understand if you hate me.'

James sighed loudly. 'How thick are you, really? If Lily would think of me in any other way because of you, it's her I'll hate. Isn't that obvious. Anyways I don't think she'll care about you being what you are. I mean, she's not stupid. She's been your friend since you were eleven, so I think she knows the real Remus.'

'I'm just surprised she didn't know already,' Sirius said and yawned tiredly.

'Well, that's probably because I don't share dorm with her,' Remus explained, 'so she doesn't have to hear all my lousy lies I told in first and second year.'

'Yeah, probably,' James nodded. 'Let's go back to the common room.'

'And if Lily thinks of you or James in any other way,' Sirius said, smiling, 'He'll ditch her. Come on, I'm tired.'

James did not have to ditch Lily that evening, because she lived both James and Remus, just as much as she had done before she knew Remus' secret.

<</\>>/\<</\>>/\<<

Yey! Two chapter in one day! I feel quick (or something like that)
So, this wasn't really about Lily and James, but I hope you found it ok anyway:)
Please review