Chapter Seven, "Sleepover"

[Warning: neck kissing, not in a sexual way but in a way of acceptance and mourning. Ad well as mentions of self harm and suicide.]
~~~~~~~♡
POV. 3rd person

Tsukasa and Rui had conversed for quite a while, neither mentioned any issues, neither mentioned the suffering they were in. However, it didn't matter to the two. Just being near each other was more than enough to push away their fears.

They were watching a movie on the sofa, Saki was watching it too sitting on the floor.

Saki had known a lot about the feelings Tsukasa had for Rui, Tsukasa had told Saki about them earlier before he came.

Saki supported her brother, and she wanted everything to go well.

Tsukasa and Rui had been fixated on the screen, so Saki got up and started making food humming to herself.

The thoughts in Rui's head were going wild from how close Tsukasa was, the other boy had similar thoughts as well.

"Geez... it's been almost 3 months since they met and you can tell they're in love." Saki said chuckling to herself.

"Maybe it's because of the similar issues.. I know big brother has done.. bad things to himself, and Ruis neck has a scar." Saki thought.

"Maybe them being near each other is comforting, despite them not knowing the others problem."

"Maybe it's better that way."

Tsukasa and Rui had fallen asleep, their heads against each other.

Saki ate her dinner since she eats later on weekends.

Saki smiled and took a picture of them.

She went to her own room and went to bed.

Around 2 AM Tsukasa woke up from an odd, tingly and unfamiliar feeling on his ear.

He glanced at the direction it was coming from, Rui was asleep. His warm breath fanning over the shorter boys neck.

Tsukasa let out a silent gasp as his cheeks flushed a shade of pink.

He covered his mouth and blushed like crazy, he hadn't even realised he fell asleep on Rui.

"Ah shit.. uh.." he whispered

He tapped Rui's shoulder, a gentle attempt to awaken Rui.

"Mm...?" Rui opened his eyes slowly.

"Tsukasa-kun..?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah." Tsukasa said.

Rui moved his head and buried it into Tsukasa's shoulder.

Tsukasa's eyes widened a bit and he finally noticed Rui's neck.

"Rui your.. neck.." Tsukasa whispered, a tone of worry and fear.

"Mm.." Rui just hummed into Tsukasa, he didn't even need to say anything for Tsukasa to understand.

"Rui can I.. um.. touch it..?" Tsukasa asked trying to be as gentle with his words as possible.

Rui moved a bit and nodded, upon the consent Tsukasa moved the collar of Rui's shirt and the hair out of the way and he touched Rui's neck.

Tsukasa traced the line of the scar with his fingers.

Rui whined a bit at the feeling of Tsukasa's touch, Tsukasa just have found him disgusting, that's what Rui thought.

"I know its hideous.." Rui whispered to Tsukasa, but Tsukasa merely shook his head.

"You're wrong..." Tsukasa muttered.

"Huh..?" Rui looked up at Tsukasa who grabbed Rui's cheek and gently caressed it.

"No matter what, you're beautiful Rui.. no matter what scars, or anything.." Tsukasa told Rui.

"No matter what I.. I love you.." he confessed, Rui's eyes widened as small tears formed and fell down, staining his now rosy cheeks.

"T-Tsukasa.." Rui called Tsukasas name through quiet sobs.

"I-I love you too.." Rui said hugging Tsukasa tightly.

Tsukasa had a small smile and he hugged Rui back.

"I love you Rui." he repeated, but as a reassuring whisper into Rui's ear.

He moved Rui slightly and gently kissed the scar on Rui's neck, to show not only that he cared, but that he also accepted Rui's flaws and differences.

That no matter how many silly experiments Rui had asked Tsukasa to do, that he'd always be here.

Rui's body relaxed slightly, moving his head to give Tsukasa better entrance to his bare neck.

Tsukasa moved his hand and reached Rui's interlocking their fingers together as he continued kissing the scar, Rui still had tears streaming down his face, but they were tears of happiness.

"This scar.. shows that you've lived through a very difficult time.. and that makes you strong." Tsukasa whispered words of support.

He moved his sleeve up revealing several scars, Rui gasped knowing now that Tsukasa understood he wasn't saying this all out of just support, it's also part of understanding the circumstances. Understanding that feeling from experience.

Rui pulled Tsukasa's arm to his lips and placing a soft kiss on the healing scars.

They held each other close, not wanting to leave each other's side.

Tsukasa told and helped Rui get up and headed towards the bedroom.

Tsukasa entered closing the door and pulling Rui onto the bed and pulling him close.

Rui buried his face into Tsukasa as he melted into the warm embrace, Tsukasa whispering nothing but sweet words while kissing Rui's forehead.

Tsukasa placed one of the covers upon then and wrapped his arms around Rui.

Rui held onto Tsukasa, silently humming in satisfaction as the two drifted to sleep, with the comfort and warmth of the other near.

[BLAH BLAH next chapter 8, "Harmony of Agony."
~~~~~~~♡

Words: 866

Holy shitttt I wrote a full chapter today, yay!!!

[Idk why the fuck it unpublished so it's back!!]