Chapter Eight, "Harmony of Agony

The thumbnail header whatever the fuck it is was me while writing this.

~~~~~~~♡

Rui's mother knew he ran away that night, she knew she hadn't been the best mother lately but she had to find a way to pay the money otherwise something might happen.

She was working many jobs, over the course of a week Rui came home only once, and it was to gather clothing and they didn't exchange a single word that day.

Oh, and how they both wished they had.

...

On the eighth day of Rui staying at Tsukasa's, the loan sharks who were members of a Yakuza gang came to collect the money. They had items in their car in case she didn't have it.

They entered the house without warning.

"Wheres the money woman, I'm sick and tired of waiting. I'll only accept it now, or else." Loid, the leader threatened.

"H-Here it is.." Rui's mother stammered handing him the envelope, but when he counted the money..

"I said double the amount you borrowed, you payed 70 grand but we need 140 back." Loid said.

"I-I just need a bit more time!" Rui's mother exclaimed.

"No, you've had enough time." One of the Yakuza members came with a chainsaw, handing it to Loid.

Rui's mother's eyes widened, she instantly ran, locking herself in her room.

"Do you really think a locked door will help you?" Loid asked, walking towards the door chainsaw in hand.

Rui's mother was shaking, she was stupid to think she'd be safe.

"Oh god.. Rui I'm so sorry." She choked through sobs as the chainsaw revs grew into the sound of of the door breaking.

She cried and sobbed, her body shaking. She knew what would come next, she was scared and her body refused to respond as Loid entered the room, walking near to her. He grinned sadistically looking at her, bending down and grabbing her chin forcing her to look at him.

"Such a shame.. you have such a pretty face I wouldn't want it to go to waste.." Loid said.

"I'll give you an option, marry me or die." Loid said grinning, knowing she couldn't decline the offer."

"I'd rather die than marry someone like you!" Rui's mom snapped looking at him, her reaction taking Loid by surprise causing him to frown.

"How disappointing." He touched the chainsaw, which wasn't going to her stomach.

...

"Mommy look what I made!!" A young Rui said, proud of himself.

"Very good job! I'm sure your daddy would have loved it." His mother said smiling, stroking Rui's hair.

Rui's father passed away due to a brain tumour when Rui was 5, Rui was 7 now but he remembered his father.

Rui smiled at the thought of his father's reaction to what he made.

Ruis mother smiled watching Rui, he was a good kid.

She loved him so much.

...

"W-wait can I do one last thing..?" Ruis mother asked

"Fine, make it quick though. Loid scoffed.

She picked up her phone and recorded a voice message.

"Rui, I'm so sorry I didn't say anything, but please don't do anything.. I don't want you getting hurt because of me... mommy loves you so, so very much.." she said, at the end she began to sob, "So fucking much.. oh God please forgive me.." she stopped the recording and set her wallpaper to *LISTEN TO VOICE RECORDINGS*.

She placed her phone down, closing her eyes and accepting her fate as Loid started up the chainsaw.

A huge spark of pain emitting as it tore apart her skin, and began to grind up her organs.

Rui's mother let out a final scream of agony as her body went limp, but Loid continued to torment her corpse by opening her chest and pulling out her heart, posing her body and forcing her to hold it.

Blood was scattered across the room, everywhere.

He left the house, carrying no regrets, but carrying g pity for the boy who'd discover his mother in that condition.

But who was he to give a damn? Loid killed her, so he shouldn't give a shit about the kid.

Later that day, the WxS group decided to go to Rui's house.

Rui entered the house, Emu, Nene and Tsukasa following.

"I haven't been home in a while, so sorry if it's a mess." Rui said

"That's fine.." Nene said, you may be wondering why she didnt hear despite being Ruis neighbor? She was busy hanging out with Emu at the time, so she wouldn't have been there.

Emu and Tsukasa merely nodded their agreement.

Rui went towards his mother's room, noticing the door handle was broken.

"Mom!! My friends are here!" Rui called.

He received no reply.

"I'm coming in then." He said

He still had no reply, so he opened the door, and instantly his eyes widened. Without even realising, he ran to the corpse.

"M..Mom..?" Ruis eyes were wide, and filled with terror and agony.

"Mom come on wake up..!" He said shaking her shoulders, refusing to believe she was dead.

Emu was the second to enter, gasping and rushing to Rui's side.

She looked at the corpses stomach, she covered her mouth to prevent herself from vomiting.

She pulled Rui towards herself and hugged, him forcing him to look away.

Rui began to release choked out sobs, the noise alerting Nene and Tsukasa who ran inside.

The moment they seen the corpse they knew, they knew what happened.

Tsukasa and Nene ran to Rui and comforted him, Nene called the police as Tsukasa and Emu hugged Rui close.

"Why... why..,!" Rui sobbed.

Tsukasa didn't know what to say, nor did Emu.

After a few minutes of choked sobs, Rui was obviously holding some of it in.

"Stop holding it in.. let it out.." Tsukasa whispered rubbing circles on Ruis back.

Rui screamed at the top of his lungs, crying for his dead mother.

~~~~~~~~~~

Me writing this chapter:

WORDS: 993

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG I WROTE A STORY FOR AO3 SO

Tbc in chapter 9, "Cops and gunshots."