Chapter 18, "Nine lives, Nine Deaths." Part 2

Ena looked at her broken weapon taking off her hood.

"What the fuck...?" she looked at it , inspecting it desprately and I grinned.

"I should have known it was you, nobody else would have secluded me." I said

"The hell does that mean?!.. Why aren'y you dead?!" Ena shouted.

"You're supposed to die!! You were supposed to die here and then that boyfriend of yours was supposed to find your corpse..!!" she ranted, shee kept going on and on. I rolled my eyes, "You..You ruined everythi-!!"she started but she was cut off by a guunshot to her stomach.

"...!" Ena's gaze trailed past me and she glanced at Toya

"One." Toya said, reloading the gun.

I pulled out a gun of my own, jumping overhead and pulling the trigger on my sister.

"Two!" I said

Ena wailed in pain, "A-Akito what a-are you doing..?!" Ena asked, small tears rolling down her cheeks."This isn't how you're supposed to treat your sister!!"

"You aren't Ena." I said.

"At least not our Ena." Toya added.

"You're Just a pawn, defending the true mastermind behind these killings" I chuckled, "Besides— You tried to kill me first so technically I have every right to fight back."

Ena shot a glare, "Not your Ena?" She questioned while holding the more severe wound.

"Yeah, that's what I said." Toya nods, Ena's face twisted hearing these words. For some reason shocked that Toya and I, who are spies for the current head of the Otori family— Emu.

We've been gathering info, and as such we have so far discovered that there are false replicas, basically puppet's of the ones closest to us. The one behind it all, her name is Mafuyu Asahina. But it's also not really her fault, it's due to a drug known as 'PARAHIX-983'. It was created as an experiment to bring the dead back to life by Akira Katsu, a scientist. Now his spirit haunts others affected by his own creation convincing people to commit suicide with him. One victim of this being Saki Tenma.

Ena hurled at me, Toya grabbed her from behind and stabbed her in the neck.

"Three." He noted out loud, glancing at me. I nodded, "Right." He said, grabbing the injection to knock Ena out.

But realizing the situation, she kicked it out of his hand. I used the opportunity to take out my pocket knife and stab her 4 more times before she managed to wiggle out of my grasp. She managed to pull out a weapon on her own and stab me in the stomach, I winced as I moved back after it and glanced down. "Seven!"

"Shit.. ugh.." I winced and pulled it out quickly, it'll do some damage but moving around with it inside me would be bad. Especially since well, it's laced with poison. I can tell since it actually managed to pierce me, poison is a severe weakness for me and Toya both. Despite us ourselves having PARAHIX-989, the more stable version of PARAHIX-983. Mafuyu's unstable version causes mental instability and aggressive behaviour as side effects to the strength it gives, whereas ours keeps us calm and composed on most scenarios.

Ena has a deformity of it, as result of being near Mafuyu too much.

We call it PARAHIX-2038 at the moment.

To get rid of her we'll have to hit her nine times, she's like a cat.

"Two more." Toya noted out loud, going over to me.

"I'm fine Toya, just finish it! We can't afford for this to continue." I shouted.

"But she's your sister.." Toya said

"I know..but she's suffering more being alive over dead." I said, throwing her knife away.

"The noise we're making is gonna lead people to us Toya we have to hurr-!" I got cut off by sirens.

"Toya, hurry up!" I snapped, Toya nodded and took his gun and shot Ena two more times.

"There.." he said, watching Ena fall to the ground. Dead.

"Come on. We need to go." I said, he nodded and we ran out of the area.