Chapter 17, "Nine years, Nine lives." Part 1

p.o.v. Akito

"Oh shut up!" I said, annoyed by An.

"Nope! Hmhm, you can't even lie and say you aren't just Japanese Ed Sheeran!" An said laughing to herself, Kohane giggled as well.

"Hmph, Toya you agree with me right?" I asked, Toya didn't reply. He was distracted by his thoughts, I groaned.

"Toya, are you listening!?" I smacked the back of his head playfully and he glared for a moment but then FINALLY replied to me.

"1. Ouch, 2. An's right." He said, looking kind of annoyed.

"Yo dude, is something wrong?" I asked, he shook his head.

"I've been getting.. weird messages lately.." he said pulling out his phone and showing me.

Unknown
???:
Hello Aoyagi Toya, I've finally tracked your
number. I

Me:
Hello? Who is this?

???:
Irrelevant.

Me:
It's completely relevant...

???:
No matter, but I need a favour.

Me:
Um, what is it?

???:
I need you to pick up a package and bring it to this address x,x,xxxx

Me:
Why?

???:
Don't ask questions, just do it.

Me:
Can you give me some context?
Hello?
Who is this.

This user has blocked you, you can no longer message them

"What the hell?" I reread the messages. "They knew your Fuckin' name, who the hell is it!?" I asked.

"You think I know?" Toya asked, unimpressed "They blocked my number."

"Oh." I said, guess it was a stupid question. "You gonna do it?"

"Yeah." Toya said.

"Dude! That's not safe, it's some random person!" An shouted grabbing Toya's shoulders.

Kohane nodded in agreement, "I can't help but worry as well.. it seems like it could be a scam or worse." she said.

"You could be killed." An finished Kohane's sentence.

"I mean.. it can't be that bad." Toya said, honestly doubting risk.

"I'll go with you." I said, I gotta make sure he's okay during this.. he's the best friend I've ever had and I can't afford to lose him.

"It's fine I can go myself." Toya said

"Too bad!" I said patting his back! "I'm going too."

"Fine." Toya sighed.

"When is it?" I asked.

Toya thought to himself for a minute.

"I wasn't given much detail.. so probably sometime at night." he said frowning.

"I'm not sure if my dad would be pleased if I were to go though.." he added in a mutter.

For any context his dad is a massive asshole, Toya doesn't really like talking about his relationship it's his dad most the time so we don't know all that much.. it's kinda worrying..

"Anyways.. we can go tonight." Toya said, he turned and looked around the area before his eyes fixated on an alleyway, I followed his gaze and saw a sketchy figure, I then looked at Toya and he nodded.

"Hey you two, we'll be right back we just have to go see something." I said smiling.

"Oh, alright." An said, "Cya then!" she grinned as her and Kohane walked away from the area.

"I have a really bad feeling about this." Toya said, I nodded my agreement and grabbed his hand.

"We can handle it Toya. Don't worry about that shit." I said, he looked away slightly.

"Yeah.. It's not the first time." Toya said, nodding.

"The first time was how long ago now?" I askeed with a mischievous grin.

"..It was nine years ago." he responded, "When we ourselves were nine."

"Thats right!" I pat his back rougly.

"If need be, we'll just kill them."

"Ai ai yai.... You're crazy." Toya said, looking unamused.

"So are you." I added.

"Oh hush." Toya rolled his eyes and we walked towards the suspicious figure.

"Oi!!" I called, the person glanced our direction, they nod.

"Are you.. the one who sent me the message?" Toya asked, his phone went off;

Yes.

"So you are... why aree you following me?"

I wanted you to be alone for this conversation.

That ginger has no buisness being here, this is between you and me. And you and me alone.

"What's that about me?!" I snapped at the person, I looked at their figure.. Seem's to be a female, at least according to the posture and body language. It honestly feels really familiar..

My gender is of no importance to you, Akito.

Oh shit, it knows my name.

Actually, Toya you leave. I want to talk with Akito in private.

"But you're texting my number.."Toya said

I don't care. Leave.

"Okay okay, I'll get out of the alleyway and wait for Akito outside." he sighed, looking at me with a worried expression. I merely smiled at him.

"I'll be okay Toya, this chick won't be able to hurt me." I said.

He nodded and lefft the alley, I looked around. The walls are covered in paintings, beautiful paintings at that.

"These.."

"Are so..." I went to look at one, it immediately captivated my attention.

"Where.. have I seen this before?"

"If you can't tell... then go ahead and die!!" The girl snapped, plunging a dagger into my back.

...

....

But it broke.

"That voice..." I turned.

"It's you."

"..."

"Ena."

_________
845 Words