14

__________________________________________

"Why not just go through Malfoy to get to him?", Ginny said while applying lip balm on.

"Huh? What-."

"I mean think about it. He is already has a clear type of relationship with Snape and if we can get a grasp of one of them,then we can easily get the other."

"Why would we be friends with Malfoy!" Ron shouted angrily before being harshly hushed.

Hermione bit her lip. "I mean she has a point Ron but we need to talk to professor Dumbledore before we do anything. You need to break the barrier to get to the castle."

Ron gave a blank and confused look.

The girls sighed at Ron's inability to understand simple inferences. Both walked away together as Ron tried to catch up for an explanation.

Hades and Draco looked at each other after processing the information.

"We have to tell uncle Tom about this...", Draco muttered quietly.

"We should..."

"Hades...are you okay?", a concerned voice coming from the blonde whispered .

"It's fine."

"Darling, are you sure your alright?-",Draco whispered, concern clearly ridden in his tone.

"I'm fine", Hades aggressively rushed out.

Draco flinched slightly at the aggressive tone directed to him. He blamed himself for his Alpha's anger. He should not have pushed when Hades was already having a rough time. He should have kept quiet and waited to ask him. He should have-

As Draco obsessively came up for what he should have done, Hade's creature was angrily scraping the back of Hades' mind. The angry tone towards his Omega already got his attention and he began to scold Hades for that. But when he saw the flinch his omega had made, his anger erupted into flames.

Hades' heart physically sank at Draco's flinch. He was already being a bad mate for not telling Draco what was going to happen in their courtship and now he was being aggressive to the love of his life. He could feel the anger that his creature had towards him.

He bent down to Draco's height.

"Draco?" Hades questioned softly.

The blonde had not looked up yet still in his thoughts.

"Omega?"

The blonde haired looked up instantaneously looking for any signs of anger.

"Omega, I apologise for shouting at you. I should not have taken my anger at the situation at you. I will never give you that aggressive anger towards you again. Please forgive me...", every word dripped with the upmost sincerity that it made a painting of a old lady wipe a tear off her face.

"It's okay Alpha. I should not have-"

"No Draco. I should not have taken my anger out on you when you were only trying to help me feel better," Hades' heart sinking to the floor at Draco's reasoning. He knew it had to do with instinct that he would take the blame for his alpha's anger but that did not mean it was wrong.

After a 3 second silence of Draco collecting his thoughts, he suddenly said,"I should really talk to Sev and Mother about this submissive personality..."

"If only you want to"

"I forgive you Hades. I do not know why I acted like that," looking at his future mate's eyes filled with doubt, he exasperated jokingly,"I really do forgive you. Do you not want me to forgive you, Mon diable?", a smirk appearing in his face.

Translation: My demon

Turing red at the nickname, Hades uncharacteristically begins to stutter it an explanation.

"Let's go to the common rooms now"

_______________________

The couple walked into the common room of Slytherin.

The room was slightly cold enough that you would feel it but warm enough that you would not have to put extra layers on.

They both walked to the previously occupied sofa of 2nd year students, immediately getting off sensing their young lord and their leader coming towards them.

The smaller leaned onto the big chest he was now accustomed to and let his guard down.

The blond always felt safe in his soulmate's arms.

As Draco closed his eyes, Hades oversaw his surroundings.

(A/N: This is not an accurate description of the common room)

The 2nd year students move to the other sofa further right to them, other student commuted around the room; left to their own devices.

Tension left the black haired male and he leaned back on the chair exposing his Adam's apple and veins.

The reminder of the betrayal of his former friends had cause great anger and annoyance which dampened his mood.

The day hadn't even finished yet and I'm so done Hades thought.

He close his eyes imagining an alternate reality where him and his Draco would cuddle all day with no responsibilities or threats.

As time passed he allowed himself to close his eyes and move Draco into a more comfortable position still leaning on him;a possessive and protective arm still around his Omega's waist.

As a 6th year called out that it was time for lunch Hades mentally groaned.

He was already comfortable and the stupid 6th year had to ruin it.

He was in his right mind to hex her but the annoyance was subdued by the blond cuddling into him more: nuzzling into him.

That 6th year better be thankful that my cottontail is here or she would be more dead than a thestral.

I'm so done today He groaned still annoyed.