Anticipation

After Ethan left Dani did what any good friend would and held Aubrey's hair as she puked. As much as she hates vomit, even she was surprised she didn't puke.

"So y'all are going on a date?" Aubrey asked wiping her mouth.

"Yep, he didn't tell me where yet." Dani replied smiling at her hung over friend.

"Probably a rich people restaurant you've never been to." Aubrey replied.

"ANYWAY, did you text Zach?" Dani asked eager to change the subject.

"Who?" Aubrey asked finally parting form the toilet.

"Zach, he was with Ethan at dinner yesterday." Dani led Aubrey down the stairs and to the kitchen. "Pancakes?"

"Sure" Aubrey said pulling out her phone to see a text from Zach himself.

Dani made the two pancakes as they discussed what had happened the night before. Aubrey didn't seem to clearly remember anything after white claw number three.

—————
As Ethan drove himself home he called Zach.

"Hello?" Zach answered.

"Hey man I'm on my way home." Ethan answered through the phone.

"Damn already? Hit and dip I guess."

"I didn't hit actually."

"Ethan Cutkosky? Stayed the night at girls house? And didn't fuck her? Damn there's a first for everything I guess."

"I don't think she wanted to. She's not like everyone else. I can't mess this up."

——————-

"I'm gonna head home." Dani announced washing the dishes.

"Alright, gotta get ready for your bae?" Aubrey teased.

"We aren't even dating." Dani shook her head.

"You let him fuck you first?!" Aubrey said facepalming.

"Nope we didn't fuck, his idea by the way."

"No guy doesn't want to have sex, doesn't matter who it is all guys are horney."

"He wanted to I could tell but I didn't do he stopped me."

"Sounds made up to me."

————————————————

"If y'all didn't fuck what did you do?" Zach asked.

"Cuddled and watched a movie." Ethan answered honestly.

"Y'all in middle school?" Zach laughed loudly.

"Shut up, in fact I'm taking her on a date tonight."

"Where? The movies? Oh no the local mc Donald's."

"Evens actually."

"The sports bar?"

"Yeah, it's the first place I performed. I want it to be the first place we had a real date."

"Holy fucking cringey."

—————————-

Dani drove to her apartment. She listened to Ethan's music, she seemed to listen to it differently. Almost like she likes it now. She sang along to his songs as she pulled into her apartment parking lot. She walked inside and went straight to her pet snake.

"Hi babe." Dani said. His name was Babe Ruth but she called him babe for short. She opened snap and sent Ethan a selfie with Babe on her neck.

———————

Ethan layed in his bed, he scrolled through Instagram when he got a notification from Dani. She sent s picture with a rather large snake on her neck. Ethan smiled at the picture and admired the beauty of the girl on the screen. He sent a selfie back writing can't wait to see you tn 🫶🏻.

——————-

Dani put her snake back in his cage before opening her closet doors. She looked at the colorful shirts and dress and walked to where she kept her dresses. She thought about what Aubrey had said and debated putting on a fancy dress.

She skimmed her closest before finding a dress that could fit any date. She pulled out the high necked, Sleeveless, grey dress and held it up to her body. She lay the dress on her bed. She walked over to her body mirror and sat down. She opened the make up bag she had laying under it.

Grabbing her phone she turned on 'Gangsta' by Kehlani. She started on her make up. First priming. Then, a light blush and high light. Last, she did her lashes. Putting on a small cost of mascara on her natural lashes before adding fake ones on top.

Dani slipped on her dress. She fixed the bottom before looking at herself in the mirror. "Wow" she thought. It was one of those moments where even if you were wearing make up you still felt gorgeous and unstoppable. She grabbed her clear lip gloss and applied it. Puckering her lips as she did so.

Danny grabbed her black square sun glasses. She put them over her false lashes. She pulled them low on her nose and winked at herself. Giggling at her actions she put in small but thick gold hoops. She put on a chunky gold bracelet. She grabbed a small greenish grey bag and tan Filas.

(The fit)

(The fit)

The texted Ethan, I'm ready. Can I know where we're going now?

Evens, the sports bar on main.

I know it took me forever to get this out I was at a fair today. If you want updates anytime I post a new chapter follow me!